Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pramod (None)     07 April 2010

Family Tussle

:: Background Info::
I am a married man(I got married in December 2005) of 34 yrs.
I have an elder brother who stays in his own house.

I live with my wife and 3 year old daughter in my father's bungalow [his self acquired property] on 1st Floor. There are 2 bedrooms on the first floor and the entry to first floor is from ground floor. Common kitchen is on groundfloor.

Since August 2009 my parents cook their food separately. My wife cooks
for me and my daughter in the same kitchen. We eat food on 1st floor while my parents eat their food in the TV room[Hall] on the ground floor. We bring our own groceries and milk. There are 2 fridges in the house - the one in the kitchen is used by us. Fridge no 2 is in the room [rest room] adjoining the kitchen and is used by my parents.

1] My mother bought number specs for my 3 year old (intentionally)
While playing my kid misplaced them. My mother created a fight over
this and asked me to pay her Rs. 300 for the specs. I paid her Rs.300.
She then asked for gold bangles which my wife was wearing. These Bangles
(originally belonging to my mother) were given to my wife just after marriage and she wore them for 4 long years. I handed over the bangles to my mother.

Q1. Are these bangles STREE DHAN, given that my wife was given these after marriage?

Q2. What action can I take against my mother?

Q3. Is this a case fit for 498A?

Q4. Can I prohibit my parents from access to my daughter while I am still staying with them under the same house? How?

2] Now my parents (in connivance with my brother) are forcing me to leave the house and I don't want to do so. Why should I leave the house when I am staying on the 1st floor while my
parents live on the ground floor?

Q1. Can my parents throw me out of the house using force given the fact that the bungalow
belongs to my father?

Q2. What should I do if they don't permit me to go upstairs and lock
doors to both bedrooms that exist on first floor?

Q3. Can they lock the kitchen inorder to frustrate me? What should I do if they do this?

Q4. My wife is in the family way. Can we keep separate maid servant for ourselves? What if they
misbehave with the servant or don't permit us to keep our own servant?

Q5. Can my parents take a stand that since I am an adult and financially sound I should live separately?

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

1. So family tussles are coming out in public domain which we feared were as private laundry. Surprises me that your wife is calm so far about all these and you are still hanging to old school of thoughts when minor tussle may erupt into bigger issues it is always better to change course seeing the direction of blowing wind.
2. The property in que. belongs to your father and you have no share in it. If you ask share in it then things may go from bad to worse probably. Seems your father is keeping his cool from all these womenly things that you narrated.
3. Since you are 34 + and happily married and blessed with a lovely child why not shift to an independent place eithe ron rent or with saving sof your own go for a self acquired property to keep the family harmony alive?
4. If things go from bad to worst who knows your wife may take the lead and flame the entire equation into reverse since she is quite into all these your family internal tussles it is better to shift homes is my advise. Later on you may choose to file share in father's property still retaining your personal marital life away from all these your family issues.
5. yes, it is stridhan and your wife dinot object to its return but t may not be too long that she may objet to many more things seeing your harmony nature.
6. Your parents especially your mother is giving hints to you to shift from your father's property and waht all que. you have asked she can very well do.
6. Probably a meeting of family elders and siblings to sort all these issues before shifting can also be thought of for retaingi your personal family harmony.
All the best.

Rgds.

Vikas Dharmendra (Consultant)     08 April 2010

Shift your place to somewhere else. Do not think to take any kind of action against your parents of you want your happy married life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register