Family tree for court purpose.


I have been told that I need an affidavit family tree for filing a partition suit. I do have the familly tree prepared on a stamp paper + affidavit.  What next ? I believe a government authority has to seal and sign it. In this case it is supposed to be revenue inspector at the Tahsildar office. But the revenue inspector is not willing to do it, as he is saying it is not in their job descripttion. 

1. So, pls tell me which governent body is incharge  of  govt. seal and signature of family tree.

2. Also, is there a way of court accepting the family tree if it is on stamp paper, affidavit and notarized and lacks a government seal/signature ?

This is in Bangalore South Taluk.




a notary  affidavit is enough along with geneological chart. or a tahsildar of the office can also attested the same


practicing advocate

No revenue authority will give family tree, you have to say about your family.  Affidavit is sufficient.


Thank you for your reply. But my lawyer is saying that the civil court in bangalore does not accept family

tree without revenue officer seal/signature(or any govt. body for that matter). Is there any reference material  to the court procedure for accepting family tree.  Your help in this matter is highly appreciable.


You have to apply online on nada kacheri website, uploading affidavit, death certificate(S), self attested Aadhar cards of family members (other proofs for identification may also be accepted). Time frame to get family tree is 7 days.. 9731312201



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x