Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay (Computer engineer)     05 December 2012

Family settlement deed

Hi,

I am Vijay residing in Chennai, I have 3 sisters every one got married. We have house in Chennai and it was given to me by my Mom through settlement deed, Deed was registered in the year 2005. I have transferred all services in to my name i.e EB, Water tax, Property tax,etc.

While we registerred the deed, my sisters signature was not taken on the deed since it was bought by mom in the year 1980.  I have doubt now whether my sisters can claim for the property after my mom?

Whether I have the right to sale the propery after my mom? If not, How I can get this sorted now,  Should I get signature from my sistems in any other stamp paper,etc.....

I don't think that I should not give any thing to my sisters, We had put lot of dowries each one of them and I have been paying the loan amount taken for thier marriages,etc.. since last 13 years.

Learning

1 Replies

kvss.prabhakar rao (Advocate )     05 December 2012

First origin of property devolved to you mother not explained. If it is your mother exclusive poroperty she can settle the property in you name in such case signature of your sister is not necessary if the property devolved by inhertenace your sister have right she can claim untill titile adverse to her

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register