LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shashank J (Engineer)     18 July 2013

Family property divide

My Grand Father inherited 21 Acres of Land from his father.He devided that land in 3 parts , 5 acres for my Father,7 acre for himself and  acre for My Uncle.He did this uneven distribution because he gave some land to my father for building the house and wanted to compensate that for my uncle.After demise of my Grand Father in 2011 ,My uncle is keeping and selling from the 7 Acrea of My Grand Father's Land.As my Grand Mother is staying with him and very biased .Since it seems very unjustice to me that land is devided in 5 Acre and 16 Acre.Can i raise objection to this.Please advise me.Do i have claim on this property ?

Learning

3 Replies

prakharved (Medical officer)     20 July 2013

@shashank

Has your grandfather died with out a will? If he has then his property would be divided among all the heir as per the law. Your uncle has no right to do any thing to the property. You can definitely stake a claim. 

I think you should take advice from an experienced property lawyer. You should visit www.lawkonect.com. Here you can post your query and a written reply would be provided to you by an experienced lawyer. It is very essential that you get to know about your options well and for that i think you should take professional help.

Regards

Shashank J (Engineer)     23 July 2013

Thanks Prakhar for reply..

I am adding few more lines to make it more understable..

My Grand Father inherited 21 Acres of Land from his father.He divided that land in 3 parts , 5 acres for my Father,7 acre for himself and 9 acre for My Uncle.He did this uneven distribution because he gave some land to my father for building the house and wanted to compensate that for my uncle.After demise of my Grand Father in 2011 ,My Grandfather did not leave any will. My uncle is keeping and selling from the 7 Acre of My Grand Father's Land.As my Grand Mother is staying with him and very biased .Since it seems very injustice to me that land is divided in 5 Acre and 16 Acre.Can i raise objection to this.Please advise me.Do i have claim on this property ? My uncle recently sold 2 acres from my grand father's part and he with Grandmother succeed to get my father's no objection and we got nothing from that. Can i as a grand child raise any claim on this property as my father might not go against his mother and will not help me.

Shashank J (Engineer)     23 July 2013

One more Question ..did my grand mother automatic get the land after my Grand Father's death.Is she free to sell it now. My Grand Father does not make any will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register