Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. Sahil Gupta (MD)     14 January 2011

family property dispute

Hi,

i m discussing abt my problem my grandfather died in1998 with/without anny registered will, the property owner in documents is my grandmother after him. afterthat my grandmother died in 2001  with regestered will just one day before death in favour of my aunty. is it legal or not i can claim on that property or not please suggest me

Learning

5 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     14 January 2011

Dear Querist,

From the brief notes, it is not clear as to the nature of property whether self-acquired or ancestral at the hands of your grandfather. Which documents you meant where your grandmother's names appears.

Please disclose facts as inquired in above para to enable us to opine appropriately.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate & Attorney

New Delhi

(Guest)

Testamentary Succession

Any Hindu can give/disposed any property by will. sec. 30 of THe Hindu Succession Act 1956.

But By legal way your father were the Legal heirs after your granfater & granmother. after your father your turn.

Essential: Grandson has entitle to get relief in property of Granfather. Various relief available in law.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 January 2011

It seems that during the life time of the grand father there is no arrangments like will etc., to dispose the property.  In such cases beings legal heirs of ur grand father, his wife, sons and daughters are entittle to claim he equal share in the property.

Being a son of your GFs one of the successors you have got share in the share of your father/mother.

Dr. Sahil Gupta (MD)     16 January 2011

Originally posted by :Dr. Sahil Gupta
"
Hi,

i m discussing abt my problem my grandfather died in1998 with/without anny registered will, the property owner in documents is my grandmother after him. afterthat my grandmother died in 2001  with regestered will just one day before death in favour of my aunty. is it legal or not i can claim on that property or not please suggest me
"

Deep Narayan (learning)     28 May 2012

Dr, sahil have u seen the will paper by left ur grandmother?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register