LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kwatra (propritor)     28 April 2011

family property

I have query about a family property dispute in Delhi. My grand father had Eight Children’s.  He had a property in Delhi and he had left a registered Will, in which he has given only living rights to his two daughters and two sons, at present all four are living abroad and US Citizens.But their is no mention of remaining four children. Now one of the brothers (Eldest), who also has  living right as per that registered Will, is ready for equal distribution of property among all legal heirs. But the three members who have been given only living right are not agreeing on this. They want to divide the property as per will among four whose name is given in the Will. even one daughter who has living right has approached a real estate agent for selling the property but agent has told him that untill all the eight legal heirs sign , the property cant be sold. Now my question is, Can we remaining legal Heirs go to court for equal distribution? Can court declare the living right as legal right or ownership right?

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 April 2011

One has to see the contents of the WILL before giving any views.

Harsh (Advocate)     30 April 2011

Hello,
I would be able to assist in your case. 
You can further contact me on harshmparekh@gmail.com
I am a practicing lawyer in Delhi.
You can contact me on 9971780620. 
Regards,
Harsh Parekh
Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register