LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Insightsera   25 August 2021

Family property

My family was very poor, so starting from my school days I was also actively working and contributed to add wealth in my family (I was also working in father's garage and in other jobs as well). I did not take any money from parents during that period, other than for my food & study materials. Once I got job I started paying them every month a reasonable amount for their living expenses(17 years I paid them cash).
Few years before my father given me our family property through Dhana settlement deed and in that deed one clause is that my parents can stay in any house on the said property (there are two small houses in the property). Except that, every other clause is normal and in my favour. Since one house was not spacious enough to accommodate my parents I reconstructed and expanded one house and also did several modification on both properties.
Now my parents changed their mood, and they are not really going well with us, due to my father’s alcoholic addiction. He used to make problems and damage furniture often. In reality, I paid more money to my parents than, what they had given to me. Apart from this they are currently staying in one of the houses in full freedom and I don’t want to disturb them too.

1.Is it possible to restrict his staying right within a house and not on both ?. (This question is because, I also have a family and I don't want to keep them in embarrassing situations)
2. Do I have the right to sell one unit which I am currently using ?. (It look like staying with them will be disaster).
3. Is there any possibility to file complaint against them, if they make noise and making life miserable ? Please advise

Learning

1 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     25 August 2021

Complaint against parents inhuman and against law.Settle the matter amicably.You have no right to sell the house as there is a clause that they can reside in any house they like.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register