IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kanai Guchhait   13 July 2017

Family pension


Husband is state govt. pension holder and not staying with wife and not giving any alimony to wwife. Is there any law or any provision, so that wife can get any portion of pension hence husband is alive?.

With Best Regards

Kanai Guchhait




 3 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     14 July 2017

Yes, if the wife is unable to maintain herself/cover her expenses, she can file for maintenance u/s 125 of the CrPC. She can apply for restitution of conjugal rights, which is her marital right, and the husband's failure to comply with which will provide her with a ground for divorce. Post that, she can also apply for permanent alimony u/s 25 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Kanai Guchhait   14 July 2017

Dear Sir,

Actualy both the Husband and wife are seniour citizen. Husbands age is above 75 years and wife is 65 plus, so, in this situation is divorce compalsury? Please guide.

Thanks & Regards



Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     14 September 2017

Yes, ma'am, divorce would still be compulsory.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query