LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashwin Kumar (software engineer)     26 May 2011

Family partition

Hi! I have a question on family partition. I am from hindu family, situated in india (tamilnadu)
1. I need to know, is any where mentioned as the first son has the rights to get double the portion of his father family partition
2. I need to know, the womens those got married before 1958, are eligible to get her father partition (or) when the womens got eligible for family partition. Father is not alive.
Kindly send me any website (or) any clear explanations on the above 2 points. please reply as soon as possible.


 2 Replies

unique horn (self)     26 May 2011

1) NO

2) If there is no partition held till 2005, a daughter can claim her share equal as like a son. Do'st  matter when the marriage held. (Only condition is that there should not be any partition between her father and siblings)

Ashwin Kumar (software engineer)     26 May 2011

Thanks for your reply. U had mentioned year 2005 in your reply. U mean, this statement has been announced after the year 2005. I dont get your conditions specified. U mean to say, there should not be partition between her father and father's brother right ? Can i get some more explanation on this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query