Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinay (XXX)     06 August 2011

Family feud

Hello,

I am having a family feud because of my father. My father is also a lawyer but he stopped practising a while back. He was in working in a bank as a Law officer but then he quit as he wanted to pursue his own business but he failed big time and due to which, we all family members had to witness pretty bad time. To be honest, you may think that I am exaggerating the issue but we seriously did find life very difficult because of financial crunch and secondly because of his behavior towards us. We all were like serious burden on him and I agree to some extent but still sometimes love and compassion makes you get by but it was just missing from his end. We came to Delhi about 7-8 years ago and I and my brother started to work and bear the family expenses. My father quit his job around 18 years ago and didnt participate a single bit ever since we came to Delhi and I and my younger brother started earning. I got my sister married and even them my father didnt participate since he didnt have anything and he also dont have zeal to work.

Now the feud is that he has started abusing my mother and us and to be honest with all the hardwork and effort I and my brother put in to make ends meet, doesnt make us eligible for all these tantrums and abuse. I simply asked my father out because we cant bear the pain and agony because of it and now he wants to claim on anything and everything we have since as per him he made us achieve all that which is a complete white lie and my mother should vouch for it. He never talked to us nicely, he never thought of our future and as a responsible father, he wanted me to work as a driver or mechanic in a garage when I was fresh out of school and finally he managed to got me a job of Rs 1584 in Ludhiana in 2002 (We used to live in Agra). I know how it was for me and what all I had to go through to have a 2 time meal so far away from my family. 

Precisely, I cant deal with my Dad and honestly we have served to every single bit of his expense in last 7-8 years and I spent everything I have earned in last 7 years on my sisters wedding, which ideally should have been his duty. I would like him to leave and work on his own and I am also ready to pay for some of his expenses if he agrees to stay away from us so just wanted to know what could he claim for and if it is my legal duty to provide him for? Also, what steps he could take to claim for it?

I know with the whole story mentioned, I may have earned a dreadful figure myself but believe me, when you are at the receiving end, then only you would know what I go through.

Thanks in anticipation.!!

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     06 August 2011

See i undertsnd your bitter experiences and so your bitterness. everbody has his own way of life. now forget about the past. you are doing good then you remain good. as far as your dad is concerned if you have earned any property and that to in your dads name then he can claim for it or else if such is not the thing that do not worry at the most he may claim for mainatenence and for that you are already ready for it. 

One thing i suggest you. you are a real hero you have fought for your life and that is life buddy. Take a chance of convincing your dad not by agitation has he might be doing with you all. but tender love and talk to him in  this respect after all he has given birth to you. some or the other day he will understand the things. wait for time and try to be calm enough becuase all your hardwork and odds make you to feel that he has done nothing. leave that things and forget and look forward for better future. Good luck . 

1 Like

Vinay (XXX)     06 August 2011

Thank you so much Sir for you kind suggestion and I totally get it and appreciate that. I also wants to take the smarter, kind and affectionate way of making him understand all that. Its just that he dont gets it. What makes me mad is that when he creates scene or abuse my mother and when he claims all what he has done for us (Giving birth and providing for foor and studies till 12th with lots of curse and ill treatment). According to him I & my brother are useless. He never took care of his parents and I still remember some instances from my childhood when he severely ill treated his parents but he expects us to be super nice to him. Its amazing how people's expectation rises when the table is turned..!! Anyways, the point is not that I want to relieve my frustration by speaking out loud about my father but to find peace from everydays quarrel at home since the jobs and life these days is anyways not easy. I will try to talk to him nicely and settle for some maintenance provided he goes to him native place and resides there peacefully.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register