LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jai_maharashtra (Designer)     28 March 2010

False Statements, Purgery, False Implication, Defamation

Man filed divorce case against wife in Maharashtra, alleging Cruelty & Non-consummation. Wife stayed with man for 17 days (3 days at home & rest at honeymoon) and left on the day she came back, when the man let it known to both the families that she had not consummated the marriage . Man was at good talking terms with her family & made several attempts to get her back. Wife came back to matrimonial home for 2 days, after 4 months, under pressure from her own family members. She went back & did not return again. Man filed for divorce after 1 year of separation had elapsed.

Wife filed a Written Statement making False Allegations of Cruelty from 1st day of marriage. She however, admitted to non-consummation in the Counseling Sessions.

Wife was not able to file false 498A beause of the fightback stance taken by man/man's family which resides in Maharashtra, Delhi & Chandigarh. He let them know in advance that he had taken anticipatory bail for all family members.

Wife blamed the man's sister for beating her up for the 3 days she stayed at man's home. Man submitted his Sister's Govt. issued Travel Tickets, showing that she left on the very next day of marriage, totally rubbishing her claim. Plus, his sister has never even called her up or met her after marriage. What all cases can his sister file against wife in Chandigarh?

She alleged cruelty from man's parents who stayed with her for just 2.5 days and reside in New Delhi. What all cases can man's parents (senior citizens) file against wife in New Delhi?

Man submitted over 250 SMSes exchanged with the wife/her family members, which showed his good talking terms with wife's family members, but negative/cruel and inconsiderate response from wife. Wife, like a mad woman sent 70 odd SMSes in 2 days, stating that she does not want to stay with the man & even threatened him, during this conversation. This totally falsified her allegations and made a mockery of her Written Statement. Even after these SMSes, man made attempts to call her back. She came for 2 days. In Written Statement, she denied coming back. Man produced her fathers's SMS that nailed her up. What cases can man file against wife in Maharashtra?

She moved a application in Family Court, stating that she needs a change in her advocate, because her own advocate has doubtful professional attitude and that her advocate had prepared her case after colliding with the man and his counsel. What cases can the man / his counsel file against wife in Maharashtra?


 4 Replies

Suryanarayana Tangirala (Advocate)     28 March 2010

Does that man feel he didnot have enough of court rounds????who can predicit what his wife can do???we are not astrologers here!!!!

jai_maharashtra (Designer)     28 March 2010

If u have not read the question properly, do not answer.

Your statement: "who can predicit what his wife can do???we are not astrologers here!!!!", I don't understand what you have read. I HAVE NOT ASKED THIS QUESTION, FOR ONCE.

I have asked what that man can do, to teach such woman a lesson.

dr.nasim kumar (lecturer)     29 March 2010

i have filed a case of restitution of conjugal rights and i im also paying alumini but my wife is charging me with false allegation of cruelty and impotency.tell me what defamation i can get if i file a case against her. she has wrong allegations which  she can not prove.can i also go in police and what punishment she will get.the case of restitution of conjugal rights is decided in my favour as all her charges are wrong.

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     29 March 2010

If the false statememts can be proved untrue on prima facie then it is a fit case where a cpmplaint may be filed u/s 340 of Crpc for making false statememts on oath.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query