LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhu (network engineer)     07 November 2013

False statement about gold , clothes and books what to do ?

Hi Experts 

In Her complaint my wife stated that her parents given gold jewelers to her and all that was in our custody. of course it is true her jewelry is with us ………………but not as much she stated , she stated almost 4 times of what actually was. The police do not believe us as they have given marriage photographs as proof. ( I did not committed to the police that even that actual amount of gold is with me  as she mentioned a very huge amount in her statement )


Now What step I can take to deny her statement?


To whom can I report it that the amount of gold left with us was not as much as she mentioned in complaint or her gold is not at all with us .


As she left home she did not take all her things along with her………….. After 6 months she  left from me I vacated that flat, that time I informed her to collect all her things.

She did not turn up and I have sold some of her book as they were really very heavy to shift.

Now she is asking for those books and her clothes thru police? I said she don’t have any of such books and it is totally false what can I do if police ask me repeatedly.

How can I prove that these materials does not really exist and she is doing it only to trouble me..............


Please suggest me as she is very much insisting on the books i have sold 





 5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 November 2013

As far as her articles held in your possession, if she is insisting that they be handed over to her in the police station, bring all of them whatever you have to the police station and inform police that only these items are available with you and if she is not satisfied let she personally verify the same in the presence of police at your house.  The police cannot compel you to give back all those which are not available with you, if the police are on a threatening spree, make a complaint against the police with their higher police official.  at the same time obtain an acknowledgment from her of having received all the items as per the list prepared at the police station and handed over by you.  

Harrassed _by _498a (Executive)     07 November 2013

Hello Sir, almost same query is there, but few diifferent aspects, she had written some common items in her list which is must at someones home and belong to us only she had never bring those items etc and almost 4 times jwellery according to actual an x lakh amount of cash which is not given at all at the time of marriage. we have to give reply to CAW for this false list, at the time of marriage no list was prepared, she had prepared the list just to give in CAW, i have two main question, what will happen after the reply of admit items ? whether CAW will ask for bills or wedding photos or videos, beacuse it is sure that there is no videos and photo for the false items and there is photos and video of admit items are available .they can arrange false bills but i read somewhere that we can get RTI on that so that it will easily proved as bogus or fake, if amount is inflated.


Please reply


Thanks in advance



498A = Harrasment

Madhu (network engineer)     07 November 2013

@ 498a = Fraud

better post it as anew query such that experts can reply back on ur query.


this Forum is really very helpful for sufferers like us

sridher (system analyst)     07 November 2013

if she provide false bills?

then tell your advocate for file cr.pc 91 on the bill giver and file TEP on the bills giver ( income tax returns)


one more thing  false complaint about your impotency file perjury 340 & defamation case on your wife and on your in-laws & and your wife's sibblings

show the taste of false case

good luck


Kanchan Madan (NA)     09 November 2013

Since we are the sufferer would share my experience with CAW cell

My DIL had given inflated list which would amount in crores of gold and diamonds. The list which we had prepared what we had -police did not accept it.

We returned whatever we had in CAW cell -took acknowledgement from her.  Later police asked her to prepare the differential list. Based on the differential list they  searched  my house and did not get anything. Whatever she wanted to carry from my house I had the bills in my name prior to  my son's marriage. She raided my lockers also and took  away my one set saying that this was a gift to her from me as shagun - inspite of my repeated requests police did not agree and I was forced to give up my set.  Aftet this they have filed charge sheet and the trial is going on.  Since my lawyer had  put the case in high court to quaxh FIR-for the past  10 months mediation  at high court is in the process  and all the cases in District court are on hold pending settlement.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads