LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen (Manager)     05 February 2015

False police complaint

Hi , I have a pending property case against some my relatives . A month ago one of my relatives lodged a false police complaint that I had assaulted and abused a very elderly lady in the family. This was done to harass and pressurise me in a ongoing property dispute. Anyway the police called me and questioned me for over an hour . I was able to convince them that complaint itself is false and that I had not even seen the elderly lady for over two years let alone abuse /assault her. The police did their own verification and also found out that the complaint was false and no action was taken against me. I have been deeply hurt and extremely angry and want to know what legal course of action can be taken. When I asked the police why no action has been taken on the false complaint , I was told that I should file a complaint through the DSP office. I did so and now the police is now saying the elderly person is not being produced before the police station inspite of repeated notifications. Please let me know of future course of action so that justice be done to me . Thanks Dipen Yadav


 1 Replies

Seetharamreddy Kancharla (Student)     03 April 2015

you can approach the competent court and file a complaint case on the person who filed a false compliant on you. first of all you may file an RTI-2005 application before the police station and take the certified copies and approach the criminal lawyer he will file the complaint case before the concern magistrate. there is a possibility also you can file defamation suit also  before the civil court as well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register