LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

disha   16 March 2016

False - my wife says i got married with my frnd

I have filed divorce case in thane. my wife was staying alone at her native place since 5 years. (just after 4 months of marriage).

recently she went to mahila ayog in mumbai, and said that I have married one of my frnd, and courier to my local police station. she have applied for 498a.

By doing so she is defaming me & one of my female frnd, without any proof.

  • can I take any legal action?
  • can my female frnd take any legal action as her name is also mentioned?


 7 Replies

joy   16 March 2016

Don't worry, your female friend will be discharged from 498A. She can file defmation case against your wife.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 March 2016

She can't accuse your friend of committing 498a offence.only husband and relatives of the husband can be charged with the offence.

disha   16 March 2016

Thank you sir, but can I file a criminal defamation case against my wife, who is spreading lies.

Can my female frnd also file criminal defamtion case?

How will I and my female frnd compensated?


Mukesh sharma (job )     16 April 2016

hi disha your wife who live seprate with you from last five year and not in touch with you from long period than she cant file case without any reason and against your friend she cant file case 498a  and against aligation your friend case file in sec 499 ipc to against your wife  



1) Yes she can file such a complaint without proof. Has your wife sent this complaint to other people (relatives, employers, newspapers etc.)? If not - there is no defamation.

2) Your friend cannot be charged under 498A. You and your family can be charged. Your friend's name is added only for purpose of masala. 

3) All 498A allegations are a copy-paste sob-story. Bechari abhagi abla naari. She has to prove her allegations in court. It is impossible to prove false story. 

4) Nobody will bother you or your friend while this drama is unfolding. People may try to scare you about arrests. These days arrests don't happen in 498A cases - infact very little actually happens. 

5) Find experienced lawyer, follow proper process and navigate the situation. Some money will be spent on legal fees. This is a tax for marrying stupid woman.

6) You wife has bought herself a bitter pill from some lawyer and she will realize this in due course.

7) Have patience. Sit back. Buy some pop-corn. 

8) Filing counter cases is a waste of energy. 

SuperNuvos (Own)     19 April 2016

Hello your female friend unmarried or married?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

no sufficient facts given

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query