LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar   31 August 2017

False harassment complaint by wife


I got married 4 years back , we have 2 children, By nature my wife is good but completely influenced by her parents and brother. because on any matter we always come to the conclusion but next day she discuss it with her parents then they mislead her after that she starts war with me, all of my neighbors well aware of her behaviour because she shouts on me loudly.

Last month she went to her native and there she filed  harassment complaint .i went to police station and  explained  about her immaturity , Police done investigation in my current place and realized whatever she mentioned  is wrong, so they suggested her to think twice before filing any further cases on me and didn't file FIR.

After that I called her on mobile and she agreed to withdraw complaint and mentioned she comes back but on next day she called me and insisted me to write a letter in the police station by mentioning i won't harass her any more, then i questioned when did i harass you, she doesn't have any answer but started saying i don't know all those things i will withdraw complaint if you write a letter in the police station only. i said i don't want to agree/write a false letter when i am not done harassement .

Since they filed complaint in their place they are influencing police also because now inspector called me and insisting me to give a letter and take her back,i asked about their investigation but now he is simply saying give a letter and close the matter because she has many rights legally.

I knew it is her parent's direction and she is completely influenced by her parents. 

Because of this false complaint there is so much heat in my home and my parents are very much angry and asking me to give a divorce notice but keeping children's life in my mind i said to them i will deal with it  don't involve in it.

I wanted to understand what are the rights i have , In my area police station can i file any complaint/case on her parents & brother ?, they live in different city. because if they get pain then only they will realize otherwise they encourage for all these drama.

Thank you,


 5 Replies

Adv.Balachander Reddy (High Court Advocate IPR Attorney and RTI Activist)     31 August 2017

Sir, check ur inbox, I have unboxed you relevant details...

Adv.Balachander Reddy (High Court Advocate IPR Attorney and RTI Activist)     31 August 2017

Correction: inboxed

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   31 August 2017

Your family tussel is on cross roads driven by your spouse. There is no point in being nervous and yielding to pressure tactics of your in laws and police so long as you are not guilty of any offense. Never yield to them or to the police. They cannot touch you in any way. You seek guidance of a faithful lawyer with integrity and fight to finish if they intimidate and black mail you.
1 Like

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     01 September 2017

Firstly as rightly stated by Mr Reddy hereinabove, do not give into the pressure tactics adopted by your wife as the same can spell a doom for your future.  You can always find a NC in your local police station saying that your wife has left the house on such and such date and is now threatening to implicate me in false cases. 

1 Like

kumar   06 September 2017



Thanks everyone for your valuble support and guidance,

Before filing complaint or sending a legal notice i decided to let them understand about my stand on their complaint so i approached a lawyer in her native who is a well known person to my in laws family and mentioned to him that i am going to file NC complaint on her & private complaint on my inlaws and at the same time asked him to send a legal notice to my wife and mentioned i can fight with them legally and don't want to bend for these cheap tricks, i strongly knew this lawyer definately pass this information to my inlaws . Same thing happend as i expected and after 2 days my wife called me and mentioned that she asked the inspector to close the complaint and saying they have closed the compaint now.

I asked her to send me complaint copy and the letter which she asked them to close the complaint, but she is saying she didn't write any letter to close the complaint because inspector said they close the complaint as petitioner came personally and requesting verbally to close the case.

I wanted to understand is she saying correct or is it something another drama? when petitioner requests verbally(without writing any letter) can police close the complaint?

I am sure petition was filed as when i visited police station i had seen petition serial number but didn't remember exact number.

I wanted to understand Is there any way to get complaint copy and the status whether it is been closed or not? please help me on it.


Thank you,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query