Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ponarumugam (Executive)     12 August 2021

False dowry death case - reg

Dear Sir/Madam, 

My Mother in Law filed false Dowry Death complaint in Police station against me, my family members and my Advocate who handled my matrimonial case in family court. Assistant Commissioner inquired and I justified there is no Dowry Death and in fact she died due to medical illness and submitted the Death Summary issued by Government Hospital and Death Certificate issued by Corporation. Also I submitted my reply to the complaint to Assistant Commissioner stating I will move to Court for the false Dowry Death Case filed on me. Based on the documents the file was closed in the Police Station.

Now, My Mother in Law once again with the same compliant filed against me in All Women Police Station in her residential Jurisdiction once again. The Inspector sent Police Notice under 91A CrPC to submit documents and asked me to come for inquiry yesterday.

Due to Post Covid Vaccination  (Adverse Effect Following Immunization) I could not able to walk and having body pain, I did not attended for inquiry yesterday. 

My Questions are:-

1. I could not able to find section called 91A CrPC in internet. Only 91 CrPC is available. Can any one explain what is 91A CrPC.

2. After complaint was closed in one police station, is it possible to file the same complaint in another police station and making me to call for inquiry. Due to this I have great pressure in work by asking each and every time leave in my company.

3. How to handle these type of false Dowry Death Case.

4. Is there any action for not attending for the inquiry called by the Police Station.

Kindly Reply. Please... 


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 August 2021

Q 1 It is section 91(1) Cr PC.

Q 2 Police station and complaint / complainants are different, which you can correlate but police do not maintain any such grid to connect each and every complaint.

Q 3 You have already engaged an able, competent and intelligent lawyer who is well aware about the facts of case, seek his / her advise.

Q 4 Arrest warrants can be procured / issued.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 August 2021

There are several organizations that help the victims against such false dowry cases and they can be contacted in person for precise guidance.  Men's Rights, Shonee Kapoor are some websites.

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 August 2021

The matter has already been enquired and closed. However, further investigation is possible if there is fresh evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query