LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

virtualgod (na)     22 April 2013

False dowry charges

This question may have been posted many many times. As many women abouse 498a, the same unfortunate even has happened to me. Here are the charges

498a

3/4 dowry prohibition

Now I do not live in India. My parents are being harassed for this. There is a caveate in high court that my parents received. However, the police never contacted us. We think that the police will not contact us on purpose so that in FIR, the police can lie and file the chargesheet. What is the way to protect before it goes way out of control. This is in the State of UP where advanced bail is not possible. I hve heard, under section 482, my parents will have to surrender first and if they do nto get a bail it will be very painful so we want to avoid that route. what is the right suggestion. Also, if some good lawyer in lucknow can help, we are wiling to hire him.

Learning

4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     22 April 2013

Dear Querist

file a petition u/s 482  and get  arresting stay, go for mediation and settle the matter amicably.

bail can be grant because this is only a family dispute and nothing more.

Feel Free to call

virtualgod (na)     22 April 2013

There is no advanced arresting stay in UP. Right? Also, i have heard to go with section 482, people have to surrender first. Hence, is there any other way out or not?

advocate praveen (prop.)     22 April 2013

Dear, U can get the stay from arresting and join the investigation. File a writ petition as there is no provision for anticipatory bail in UP. However, U file a petition before High Court to quashing of the FIR. advocate.praveen@hotamil.com regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register