Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Taranjeet (n.a)     28 March 2014

False dowry case

My elder brother was married to a girl in December 2009. He is a citizen of Australia. Soon after marriage he took his wife to Australia (Melbourne). I Taranjeet singh was also living and studying in Australia. Life was running smooth until my father died on 14 February 2011. I along with my brother and his wife came to India to attend Cremation ceremony of my father. It was done on 15 February 2011. Soon after a week, my eldest paternal Aunt (Bhua) got Expired on 25 February after hearing about death of my father. She was suffering from old age disease. My brother and his wife went to Delhi to attend her cremation ceremony. They stayed there for over a week. They were still in Delhi and we in Ludhiana came to know about death of my elder sister’s Husband i.e. my Brother in law. Just in 20 days we lost 3 family members. (My Father, My bhua, my Jiju). Our family was in huge grief. Slap of time made my Mother and elder sister (30) widow. Our family was under huge grief. Being eldest, my brother undoubtedly took the responsibility of our Family. But In laws of my brother didn’t want that he should give any support to family. They said that he can give us moral support but there is no need to give financial support to your family, as your duty is to take of your wife but to take care of your widow sister and brother. On this topic small quarrels turned huge. As my brother was in favour of his family and his wife’s family wanted that he must leave his family at their own. Her parents took her to hometown and when they found that it’s not happening according to their will, and then they knock the door of women cell and filed a complaint against my brother. Authorities at Women cell behaved very rudely with my family and then they came with final outcome of money demanding. We have as recorded conversation of my brother and women cell inspector where she is demanding Rs 3 lakhs for settling case. And she is saying that parents of bride are not willing to send her back. And even if she is willing, she can’t go against her parents. On schedule date my brother went back to Australia. Me and his wife was had a return ticket dated on 10 may 2011. She was in contact with my brother. And she said that she is willing to come but her parents are not allowing her to come. She was bluffing her, of which we came to know later. She said that along with me, she will come to Australia as scheduled. But on 9 may midnight she came along with Ambala police and arrested me and my Mother under IPC sec 323, 34,406,498A, 504,506. By god grace we got bail on same day but Court held my passport. Until my father died, he paid off my fees of university. He spent huge money in making my future. I was on threshold of success but failed to achieve because of false case. They spoiled my future. Currently I am 22 years old and living with my widow sister age (33) and widow mother (55). My sister is taking care of her two children with age 5 and 9 years. We are feeling very helpless. There is no proper guidance and help from any of our relative or Lawyer. We have been misguided because of lack of manpower. I am seeking for help if any one can give us .


 7 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 March 2014

What kind of help do you require or are looking for?,  if you need free legal help contact your district legal services authority where they will engage an advocate o fight your case at free of cost.

Taranjeet (n.a)     30 March 2014

we do Have a Lawyer. we have changed 3 lawyers. i belongs to punjab state and case is in haryana (ambala) . we dint know that we can reply back against case . or we can file a writ. now when we came to know that we have been misguided , its too late for us. 


498A__misused (Sec)     02 April 2014

I have a good lawyer in Ambala.

You can drop me a message if you need his number or details.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     02 April 2014

Dear Taran

what do you want from us?

You can call me for free consultation

Nishant (BDE)     02 April 2014

Need Free On-call Legal Advice. Just give a missed call on 08010201301(toll free) or visit

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2014

you already have sympathised on this forum because per-se you appear innosent and needing help.

Taranjeet (n.a)     16 April 2014

case is under trial. but unfortunately most of the time judge is on holiday. so we keep on getting dates.

charge was done 2 years ago (march 2012) . 

I filed my passport release application on 27 may 2013 but its almost about a year . still decision about my passport is under process . Other party is not appearing. 


i just want to know that IS our indian Law is really tooo slow? 

to give decision of "Yes or No? 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads