Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


False dowary case

After 1 years of my merriage I found that my wife is having an affier with the other guy in her village.
I told her several time to stop whatever is she doing and to stop talking with the that guy and stop this relationship
But she never listened me and continued the same.
After that I started following her and recorded her mobile conversation with that guy.
I have recordings between her and that guy.
Now she is at her home town for last 3 months.
And now her relatives and family members warning us that If I didn't took her with me, they will file dowary case against me and my family.
They know that I have recordings but still they are dening it by saying that we have recorded it forcefully.
Now what Can I do ?
Please help.


 7 Replies


Donot worry that dowry case only save you.

And without giving mahar money you will get the divorce.

1 Like


Thanks for the instant reply.

But they are thretening us by saying " we will arrest you and file case against you."

So for that what can we do, if they file the case because she is still there with them and can make false statement.

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     31 July 2012

Send a legal notice to her and mention all the harassment caused to you by her and also mention about her affair and the recordings in the notice. Also mention that they should not threaten you with false dowry cases. Submit a copy of that notice in your local police station also. This will ensure that the local police station knows that your wife is not staying with you and also that they are threatening you with false cases. Then if they file those cases it will be an afterthought. Things will seem to be difficult in the beginning but later on everything is fine. First make upi your mind whether you want to llive with such a girl who has betrayed you. Once you send the notice then be ready for 498-A. Download the 498-A survivors guide from internet and read it. PM me if you need any further help.

1 Like

Varinder Malik (Advocate)     01 August 2012

if u r a hindu, u may file a divorce on the ground of cruelity and adultury.... if u r a muslim u may give her talaq depending upon your sect... I advise u to save the recrdings carefully as it will be a strong proof in your favour.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2012

Wait please.


How did you as third party record the conversation on telephone between two persons.


We have ordered the cell phone with in-built recording facility. thats it.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2012

someone advised that dowry case will save him.  I do not understand how it can.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register