LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ramanan rajamani (owner)     07 June 2014

False domestic violence case against me and my parents

my marriage ended in 2 months and we have not had physical relationship because my wife did not want to .

then she went abroad for 1 month without my consent under the pretext of going to her mothers house and came back and filed for divorce stating the marriage was not consummated and accusing me of impotence and asked for 25 lakhs in permanent alimony . i denied being impotent and also agreed to undergo a test as directed by the court to prove I'm not impotent ,

my report  came in my favour and my case has been posted for enquiry , all this after 1.5 years after my wife filed for divorce in family court , in meantime since she was shocked to see me accept the challenge and undergo potency test and fear of losing the case she and her family filed domestic violence in a magistrate court and dragged me and my parents into this

i have filed a counter saying divorce proceedings are pending in family courts and produced evidence showing statements and petitions saying this is a false case ,

i want to know how long does this process take and what if the complainant cannot produce evidence against me for domestic violence , and when will the court ask her to submit evidence , and can i at least do something to avoid my parents to come to the court for hearings .

I'm ready to attend every hearing i just don't want my ages parents to undergo this 

i need help can someone please advise 

thanks in advance 

Learning

4 Replies

Gagandeep Goel (Advocate)     07 June 2014

Hello There

I have gone through the contents of your situation carefully.

I will recommend that the proceedings under the Protection of women from domestic violence act are civil in nature and in support of that we have number of judgments from various high courts and hence your parents do not need to appear in person and can appear through a counsel.

Moreover you should file a criminal complainant under section 200 Cr.Pc highlighting the relevant provisions under Section 191 to section 193 IPC for giving false evidence in the court. The court after recording the evidence shall issue a summoning order to your wife.

Further as the proceedings have already been initiated against you and your family, you can file a civil revision against the summoning order of the JMIC ( CJJD) in the present case and get the proceedings quashed or abated.

In case you have any other query, pls contact me at

Gagandeep Goel

(Advocate & Legal Consultant)

Punjab & Haryana High Court & Chamber No. 373, Distt. & Sessions Court, Chandigarh.

Contact Info: House No. 1119, Sector 18-C, Chandigarh, 160018. (M) 0 987 220 6969 (R) 0172 4647 003.

(Email) goel1119@yahoo.com

1 Like

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     07 June 2014

If she has filed a DV case, more than 1 year after separation, then that DV case is most likely not sustainable. I am sure some advocate or the other in this forum will refer you to some Judgments in favor. Do not go for filing any other cases against her, like perjury or whatever. Such cases can only be filed after the falsity of the allegations are proven in a Court. Your goal should be to kill her DV case in limine. In simple words, at the very outset.
1 Like

ramanan rajamani (owner)     08 June 2014

thanks mr gagandeep and mr samir n 

my wife has filed dv after more than a year of separation and it in record that we are separated for more than a year when she filed the case  against  me and my parents . how do i squash her dv case or at least prove I'm innocent , she had filed firstly a divorce case against me on october 2012 accusing me of being impotent and since that case is no maintainable and I'm not willing to give her the alimony she asked for , she out of fear of losing the case in the family court in high court chennai , then she filed a dv case against me and my family in october 2013 ,

now i have proved my potency through the medical board according to the courts order and waiting for enquiry , the are avoiding the enquiry but either not coming to the court or attending the hearing without their lawyer and the judge is postponing the case , this has happened for 3 times now , what kind of questions will be asked in the enquiry and what should i do to be prepared for this , I'm sure they can show any evidence of me being impotent and medical records clearly state I'm normal , so is there more chance of this case case being dismissed , the potency accusation was filed as an interim application but the main petition filed by my wife in 2012 after only 2 months of marriage was that since the marriage was not consummated and i was ill-treating her she wanted the court to nullify the marriage under section 12a 

any kind of help is greatly appreciated

thanks in advance 

ramanan rajamani

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     08 June 2014

I do not know much about potency/impotency allegations and how that pans out. But cruelty is very difficult to prove and most allegations, in the eyes of the Court, turn out to be normal wear and tear in a marriage relationship. Of course, it all depends on how you get her cross-examined skillfully and then present arguments accordingly. Usually, I advice abused-husbands, who have contacted me privately on this forum, to first write the arguments and then get appropriate answers during the cross-examination.  This is what distinguishes skilled advocates from the mediocre ones. So, you should study judgments on impotency-allegations and cruelty and get appropriate answers during her cross.  Divorce petition dismissed. End of story!!!

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register