LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rocky (director)     26 August 2013

False cheque bounce case


This is rocky from banglore i was carrying my cheque book in which one cheque was signed but blank,i had been to a internet cafe with it but after my work was done in the net i moved out but forgot the cheque book there....after some days also i didnt remember abt the cheque lost.

                                                                                                        now the main thing started after 3 years of ds incident one police constable comes to my home with an arrest warrant in his hand,he tells me to revive ur arrest warrant ,then i came to know tat i have a cheque bounce case on me....after i extract all the information on the case.

                                                                                                        the case is the complainant has bounced the cheque in the bank writing around 8.5 lakh amount in the cheque saying tat i had purchased gold from him and didnt pay back.....and then lodged an FIR giving a wrong address of the main thing is the case i running in court cheque is mine sign is mine but the amount ,my address an all is fake and i also have not received the notice after my cheque bounced.

  so please sir can you tell me wat are my  chances of winning the case,

 10 Replies

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     29 August 2013

Dear Rocky,

You must have informed the bank and nearest police station about that lost cheque book, which may have saved you against these type of transactions.

However now you have to take help of any advocate, give appearance in court and apply for the bail on same day, thereafter you needs to contest this matter further.

Since the complainant needs to proove the transactions against which you have given said cheque to him.

You should also inspect the file with the help of the advocate for all the document which have been filed by the complainant, for making the strategy to defending this matter.


rocky (director)     29 August 2013

thank u mr Manish for ur reply....but plz can u tell me the chances of winning ds matter...???

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     30 August 2013

Dear Rocky,

This all depends on the documents provided by the complainant in this matter, to prooving your liability for payments.


rocky (director)     30 August 2013

he has only produced a fake bill tat i have purchased gold from him...and he doesnt sell gold or silver he just owns an internet cafe..

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     30 August 2013

Dear Sir,

That can be challanged in the court, he has to proove that is the properitor of that Jwellery Shop, mentioned in the bill,

You can also ask other relevant document, to proove that he was running a jwellary shop at that time. This matter can be contested storngly, therefore we already suggest you to consult a good lawyer there.


rocky (director)     30 August 2013

thank you sir i have hired a lawyer next date the contest will start....thanx a lot for your replies...!!!

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     31 August 2013

Hi Rocky,

Please find a ruling attached herewith which can help you..


Attached File : 69214055 in rangappa vs sri mohan on 26 april, 2013.pdf downloaded: 301 times

rocky (director)     02 September 2013

Sir can u please send me the attached files again...???

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     03 September 2013

Pleae find. or your can search the same on the link below -



Attached File : 710746921 rangappa 26 april, 2013.pdf, 710746921 rangappa 7 may, 2010.pdf downloaded: 236 times

rocky (director)     03 September 2013

thanks a lot sir...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query