LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divya (nil)     27 November 2009

False cases by inlaws

My bhabi had done a false 498A case in  May09. By gods grace we were saved as we had anticipated & got a 72 hr arrest notice. Thus in mean time we could arrange for the regualr bail.

Now my bhabi & her  parents are putting false cases on us through various police stations. What is the solution to get rid of all this & at the same time maintaining cordial relations with the police. Eg they have recently registered a complaint that we give death threats to them.

Also had another question: Can they put a Domestic violence case on us at this stage. She has not been living with us in the same house since May09.

Learning

3 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     27 November 2009

Divvya,

You and your family should take the copy of the complains lodge against your family members and keep your ammuniation ready to fire at the appopriate time. Also, write to the Commissioner of the police, Chief Minister, Prime Minister and Human Rights Commission for the alledge complains.

She can put the DV case against you, and there is the remedy available to you. Once the DV case is filed, she has to prove the allegations and if you ask for cross examination, the lies will be spilled out. I think that she is frustated since no one is coming forward for negotiations and that is why she is doing all these acts.

aatma   29 November 2009

Visit www.498a.org

Visit Save Indian Family Foundation . There are several great volunteers available all over india in major cities to give guidance.  They are not lawyers, they are real victims faced similar sitations as like yours. They can understand your situation.

Also there is a face to face weekly group meeting held in different cities.

Visit these sites, get proper direction and save your family from the Legal Terrorism.

K. Rajendra Prakash (Advocate)     02 December 2009

Do not worry.  Any way you obtained bail.  Women are misusing Sec: 498-A to extract money. She may also file DV case.  Let her file, nothing will happen, she is not living with your family since 9th May.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register