Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


False case of DOWRY


                      My brother got married before 3 yrs on 2009 now he is having a son of 1 yrs. My Sister-in-law(Bhabhi) don't lives with us. In this three yrs she stayed here just for 3-4 months. She makes trouble at our home. She don't want to live with us as well as with my brother. My Sister-in-law father is a criminal. He torture to my family. He send bully people to our home to torture my family. In spetember 2012 my Sister-in-law made an police complain against us of DOWRY case. We havn'nt ask her anything like to her. We are so scared from them. He is torturing to my family even police is not listning to us. My Sister-in-law made the complain against all my  family members. My brother wants DIVORCE from her. But she refuses she is asking for maintenance as well as property part also. But she has not live here more then 3 months. How can we give our property part to her. Please help me sir.


 4 Replies

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     20 September 2012

Under what section has she complained. Is the FIR filed. If FIR has been filed then move for Anticipatory Bail for everyone who is named in the FIR. She is eligible for maintenance. She can file a case under Sec.125 and DV Act to get maintenance. Initially she may succeed in getting money. You will have to fight the case and if she cannot prove cruelty and dowry demand then you will be acquitted. 

Please let us know who owns the house. Is it in your brother's name or your parent's name.

1 Like


Sir she made FIR against all my family members. She made complain of DOWRY as well she said she is beaten by my mummy. And owner of my house is my father. We are so scared sir. We are from very simple family. We havn't seen the police station face ever.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     20 September 2012

Run to get AB right now, as u must be having 498a+406 IPC FIR against u. Consult a good criminal layer for the same & apply bail in parts for family members coming 1st, husband the last

1 Like


What about divorce ?? My brother wants divorce from her but she refuses. And she don't want to live with us. She wants to live with her parents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads