Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukesh Deswal (Advocate)     22 August 2013

False affidavit by wife; both in crpc 125 and sec 24 hma

Hi,

Brief Facts:

The wife filed for maintenance U/s 152 Cr.P.C. in 2008 and was awarded 4000 P.M (2000 each for herself and minor daughter) from the date of filling.

In 2011 husband filed for divorce U/s 13 HMA. (Mantel cruelty). On this wife filed application U/s 24 HMA for maintenance.

On 25/2/2012 Wife gave evidence by way of affidavit in her evidence for Cr.P.C 125 stating “ I have no menace of earning and I am living at the mercy of my parents.” The same is also mentioned in the application U/s 24 HMA.

Recently the husband discovered that she was actually working all this while, especially on the dates on which the affidavits are filled in both the aforementioned courts.

Luckily her cross examination was differed all this while and in her cross examination, on 8th August 2013 she accepted the suggestion that she was working from June 2011 till Feb 2013.

It’s a matter of record that she has furnished false affidavits which itself is an offence punishable U/s 193 IPS along with the provisions of Sec-195 and 340 Cr.P.C. of course.

The next hearing is to decide the application U/s 24 HMA for maintenance.

Here are the questions?

1.    What should be the next course of action from the Husband? (Keeping in view that the first objective is to stop the court from fixing maintenance U/s 24 HMA which will obviously be much higher than the 4000 PM granted by the other court)

2.    It is evident that she was working and has filed false affidavit but she is again without a job (to the knowledge of the husband at least). What would be most appropriate argument against her application for maintenance:

Those I can think of are-

A.    Applicant did not come to the court with clean hands. False statement and concealment of facts.

B.    Filled false affidavit.

C.    Capable of earning.

Another argument which I can think of is that she cannot claim that she is again unemployed as she is estopped by her own act and conduct. [Sec 115 Evidence Act].

Please help with your valuable suggestions. Also if someone could provide help full legal citations (case laws).

Regards,

Mukesh Deswal

Learning

7 Replies

rahul (director)     22 August 2013

she worked prior to maint application.... means she is able bodies to earn her livehood...

she is not entitle to get maint..

see the attachment 

Attached File : 719748221 wp-31296 e.shanthi 2005.pdf downloaded: 666 times

rahul (director)     22 August 2013

also see this,,

Smt. Mamta Jaiswal V. Rajesh Jaiswal (Madhya Pradesh high court)

Govind Singh Vs. Smt. Vidhya (AIR 1999 Raj 304) the Hon’ble High Court of Rajasthan,

Hon’ble Delhi High Court in CM (M) 1153/2008 titled as Kavita Prasad Vs. Ram Ashray Prasad.

Thanks Rahul,

Can you please provide the name of the law reports where I can find

Smt. Mamta Jaiswal V. Rajesh Jaiswal (Madhya Pradesh high court)

&

Kavita Prasad Vs. Ram Ashray Prasad.Delhi High Court in CM (M) 1153/2008

Thanks

(Guest)

Dear mukesh,

FOR JUDGEMENT  mamta jaiswal vs rajesh jaiswal : MP HC, below is the link

5.  MADHYA PRADESH HIGH COURT : Dated 24 March 2000

FOR all such related judgements you can go through my thread - All judgements where maintenance denied to wives.

regards,
A sufferer..
1 Like

Thanks Dear,

Though I dont feel like calling you a sufferer. For me and all others I think you are a Savior.

Thansk Much.

1 Like

Also if someone could provide some relevent citations for IPC 193 CrPC 195, 340.

Thanks in advance.

Mukesh Deswal (Advocate)     23 August 2013

I would love to do so right away. But the right approach is what I am seeking for.

You know how the courts treat the CrPC 340 applications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register