25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrik.mehra (officer)     26 August 2012

False 498a case against me


I got married in the year October'2003. My wife has never stayed with my parents.
1. After six years of our marriage my wife lodged a false dowry harrasment complaint in police. Police found the allegations as false and gave a clean chit to us including my parents.Police report is available with us.
2. She filled a Private application under section 498a and 406 in Local Amritsat court. The court summoned me only and prima facie found no evidence against my parents. I applied for a bail which was granted to me.
3. She again lodged a police complaints with higher Police officials. The SSP refered the matter to CAW. (Women Cell). They found no evidence against my parents but lodged a FIR against me under section 498A and 406. I got bail from High Court of Punjab & Haryana and returned the entire dowry items to her.
4. I am attaneding the court proceddings. The court transfred my case after giving me next date of hearing i.e. 28.08.2012.
And left the court to my home. The judger whom the case was transfered again fixed next date of hearing i.e. 27.07.2012 without informing me and my advocate. Since I was not aware of the date I could not attaend the date. Today I have come to know that the court has issues NBW against me. 
Kindly advice. She is torturing me. Now their own BAHU has filled a case under section 498a and 406 against my inlwas. And she ( their Bahu) has got sufficient materisl to proof her allegations.
Kindly advice.


 4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2012

How the case of bahu of in-laws has to do with your case.

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     26 August 2012

1. Apply for the cancellation of NBWs, this would'nt be difficult.

2. Consider applying for a discharge/quashing as per the stage of your case if the case against you is manifestly mala fide and made only to settle scores and devoid of iota of truth. 

3. As regards case of their bahu - It's LAW OF KARMA at it's best - what goes from you comes back to you. However no benefit as regards your case. 


Good Luck !


Apply first for the cancellation of NBW's issued against you. It won't be an uphill task. You have the option to either face the trial or move the Punjab and Haryana High Court for quashing of the complaint and the summoning order against you if the allegations in the complaint disclose commission of no offence, or otherwise manifest a mala fide intent.


Ashish Davessar


Supreme Court of India/ Punjab and Haryana High Court

Adv Aneesh Trivedi 9424449500 (Advocate)     27 August 2012

keep patience appear on the hearing date shadi ka laddu chakaha ab thoda namak mirch bhi kha lo ye apni apni kismat ka khel any we it is philosphical thought now after this long marriage now 498 filed so there is rare chance for you an d your wife to be reunite giass is broken now but you can try if there is hope now first try ot save your self for this trust on judiciary and you have no alternative abhi to aisa samjho bhagwan court police ke hath se aap ko pareshan kar raha hai apke man me gussa ayega apni wife k prati agar gussa control se bahar hai to pahle court 498 ko quash karo ya apne favor me aane do fir coutnter attack karo 498 khatam hone se pehle talaq nahi dena warna wo kisi aur se shadi kar legi aur uski taqat double ho jayegi wo secure ho jayegi aap par jada jor se attack karegi agar usne real me jhoota case dala hai aap par to aap lado use trust pareshan karo tariq par bulao date aage badwao maje se ghumo uske rishtedaro se mile uski image kharab kharo dushman ka dushman sabse bada dost uske inlaws se hath milao unko sath hokar lado apki taqat doguni ho jayegi kanoon ka to mai nahi janata par aap mentally relax ho jaoge ye phase life ka pass ho jayega aap fir apni real life me jaoge fir uparwale ne apko bivi ko paritaktyat abanak kar sabse badi saja de hi aap sab se free ho kar nayee jindigi shuru karna best of luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query