LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrit kumar (job)     16 September 2016

False 498a and harassment case

How can i protect myself and my family my wife file 498a and harassment case on us. how police took action in these cases and wat i have to do to protect myself from this false case becase we never demand dowry from her . i am going to file divorce case and i am worried now that she can file false case.

Learning

10 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     16 September 2016

if she had filed 498a on you and your family members apply for anticipatory bail so that police maynot arrest you.also dont worry because the conviction rate for 498a is very less and also police cant make mechanical arrests and need to stick to the supreme court guidelines while arresting a person accused of committing an cognizable offence which is punishable by less than seven years of imprisonment

amrit kumar (job)     16 September 2016

She has not filed yet..but i worried when i proceed with divorce petition she may file false case on us just to harassh us..she is very cruel and has no mind..she always threaten us that she will do suside nd file complaint against u in police nd put u all behind bars...

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     16 September 2016

No Martin, there is:Meditation:ty it.

(Guest)

Rule #1: may be stay in another state or fly out, if you can. BEST REMEDY IN WORLD for 498a before it happens.

Rule #2: dont break rule #1 - means - police will have difficulty in filing the case till you break rule #1. Men in khaki harasses people who are easily available. they wait wait and wait till you are an easy pray to come close enough.

note: have a lawyer in local and high court ready, for AB.

KS Johal   16 September 2016

You must remember before a person is arrested there must be sufficient evidence for that otherwise the arrest cannot take place. False cases are quite popular and people tend to go down that route sometimes there is not sufficient evidence to make the arrest or even allow FIR to go through. If I were you I would not worry about any of the cases that she may want to pursue since she will need to provide sufficient evidence. Even if you move away from the area that would indicate that you are trying to hide something or you are feeling guilty of the allegations that has been written against you.

A walk alone (-)     16 September 2016

First start recording her threats it will help you if she file any false case. try MCD. If its fail then Before filing divorce be cool just call her talk her politely, in between talk try that she accept or say you and your family never torture or ask dowry and record this conversation. Then file divorce in return if she file any case then you can use above recorded conversation as evidence.

498a victim (job)     17 September 2016

First of all i m not a lawyer but things has tought me so many things

my case is also same, my wife has deserted me under the influence of her father.. its been 8 months..

last july 15 we got notice from women cell... but discussion fails... asked for our answer... she said she want divorce and we told we are ready to take her back this moment.. her father told them that they want to file a crime against me and my family

its been 2 months but nothing registers till now.. bcos she dont have any proof to prove the offence rather than only verble alligations and witnesses are her mother and father,

so my friend enjoy your life till anything happns... dont worry and live life at fullest...

all learned here are so friendly and helpfull so dont worry

but be ready for AB and make up ur mind..

dont bow down in front of them

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     17 September 2016

Mr Ronak do not remain over confident. Cases are not filed against you so you can enjoy. Take proper steps so that situation do not occur.

This site is full of people advising QUASH, PERJURY,  divorce  IN PERSON TRIAL AND AND AND FAST  SPEEDY HEARING APPLICATIONS IN HIGH COURT. UN MIND FUL OF COSTS  INVOLVED AND RECENT DECISONS FAVOURING THE SPOUSE EVEN REGULARLY PUBLSIHED ON THIS WEB SITE.

The query is 498 A is filed so defend it with and expert advocate. The other side will have Govt advocate and she need not come to the court while you have to attend regularly or NBW will be issued.

498a victim (job)     17 September 2016

respected sir,

i am not at all over confident... i have also all the fears that other members have but bcos of that fear i cant leave my life bcome hell... i cant keft leaving

i know that all the laws favours women... i have make up my mind for that... and ready to attend that regularly...

the only thing which i wanted to say was not to leave life on fear...

even i know that my life will also bcome hell once the case will be registered... 

Do we men have any solution for this?? no we dont have that than why to leave life like a criminal??

recent decisions favours men also and so many examples are there

its just that women favouring decisions are highlighted in media not men favouring decisions

HOMO SAPIENS (HELPING)     29 September 2016

Respected brother Do not live in fear. I am also facing 498a, 406, DP 3/4 . My wife has also filed CrPC 125 for maintenance. She has detached my daughter from me since birth. So have I lost hope and quit? No.. Absolutely not. 1. After converting AN into regular bail and charge sheet filing I went to HC and got speedy trial order. It was done as party in person. Now my 498a dates are every months. Whether my wife comes or not is not my headache, it's courts headache. 2. We pleaded vigorously in 125 and interim maintenance is kept low. Now in CrPC 125 we have filed CrPC 340 and judge has taken cognizance. Now my wife is running away and the judge knows that. 3. We have filed GWA for child visitation u/s 12 and I'm granted visitation to my baby. If you fight you will win. If you quit you will loose. Do not believe in pessimist views. They never achieved anything. Good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register