LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dulal Deyyy (job)     18 December 2020

False 498a

My wife submitted a complaint letter under 498A and DP Act 3 &4 against me and my parents. After few months she submitted an affidavit in the court, mentioning that the matter has been 'amicably settled' and she wants to stay with me now. However I am worried in taking her back as she neither said that all her complaints were FALSE, nor said that she repent her action and will not do so again. Can she put another affidavit and document these facts (all her complaints were FALSE, and she repent her action and will not do so again) in front of the court?

What is the procedure for this?

Learning

6 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 December 2020

1. Mere filing of Affidavit is legally not proper and does not have any value.  Further if such wife can file false complaint against you and your family, THEN it means that the apple is rotten and deserves to be thrown away.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 December 2020

You must have availed professional services of local lawyer who is an able, copetent and intelligent enough to satisfy your questions and well about facts and circumstance of the case(s). Follow it till you have faith in him/ her.

However, if you have lost faith in your lawyer it is advisable to seek professional service of  another local prudent lawyer for analyses of facts/ documents, guidance and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 December 2020

What is the present status of the cases filed by her?

Dulal Deyyy (job)     24 December 2020

She submitted an affidavit mentioning that that the matter has been 'amicably settled''. I am yet to receive the final order sheet. So I am asking her to submit another affidavit mentioning that all her complaints were FALSE, and she repent her action and will not do so again. Can she put an additional affidavit in front of the 1st class Magistrate?

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 December 2020

Are you also willing for an amicable settlement? If so, any overbearing conditions would be unwise.

Dulal Deyyy (job)     24 December 2020

After false 498a, trust is gone. Even if I have to take her, I will do so after protecting myself from all the sides. I don't want my parents to suffer any further for my marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register