25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind S   27 May 2018

False 304b & 498a case. help!

My father in law gave me & his daughter a cheque of 2L each at at the time of marriage reception. After not a single rupee has been taken by us. After the unfortunate death of my wife her father in law has accused my whole family under dowry death. I had not demanded the amount & have been falsely accused. Can someone please suggest how to handle this 2L false dowry case given in form of checque


 4 Replies

AS   20 June 2018

Two Lack may be for :-

1. Marriage Expenses

 2. Some kind of Loan 

3. May be some gift you purchased for bride and that amount returned .


S Murugesan (lawyer)     26 June 2018

Don't worry. Need more detail to guide you. Please msg your contact detail in private msg. You can trust i won't ask you any money. Let me see if i can able to help you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2018

This is a typical unfortunate situation wherein you have to prove innosence (not police to prove your guilt)  and proof of guilt exists.


ANyway luckily one expert Mr Murugesan had been kind enough to come forward to help you free you can get in touch with full facts.

Advocate G. Pavan Kumar, LL.B (Advocate , Hyderabad)     14 September 2018


"unfortunate death of wife" and circumstances for her death is important in the case. This is for women safety.

304B is for Dowry death.— . You already agreed taking Dowry. Taking dowry itself offence ( crime).

Does this incident happened with in 7 years of your marriage?

what happend before her death? is there any case filed against you? Without this, it is very tough to guide you.

I am a Law students.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query