Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Jain   22 May 2016

Fake income affidavit

Respected Members,
My wife has filed fake  income affidavit and shown less of her income & more of expenditure in divorce case. During our marriage period,she never allowed to have access to me her income & bank account details, though she had a very decent salary. I have requested from judge to ask for her bank details,ITRs,and salary slips and resignation letters to claim maintenance.
Is there anyway judge can compel her and if there is any judgment which makes mandatory on  her to produce all these documents. My case is in Delhi.
Pls suggest,
Thanks,
Amit Jain

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Cite Kusum Sharma vs Mahinder Kumar Sharma judgement from Delhi High Court. No orders can be passed by judge unless she complies with the affidavit requirements and provides all bank statements and ITRs for 3 years. You can stall the case unless she files these required documents.

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 May 2016

Move an application u/s 91 crpc in the same court and give complete details of her office name and address in your application and make a request to the court to give direction to that company/office head to bring her complete service detail including salary before the court in this way you will get all her deails .

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 May 2016

Positive, the court can compel her to produce documents.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 May 2016

If it is a maintenance case u/s 125 cr.p.c.then you may file a petition u/s 91 cr.p.c.to obtain the desired documents either through the employee or the bank account details through the bank manager

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     28 May 2016

Rightly advised...

Amit Jain   30 May 2016

Thanks to all members for your valuable advices!!!

On going through u/s-91crpc I guess it gives power to court to follow or not  to follow procedure here.Any measures which I should take so court gives nod for it.

Regards,

Amit Jain

Amit Jain   30 May 2016

Thanks Autohide for your case reference & posting important version as have questions from it

Kusum Sharma vs Mahinder Kumar Sharma

The documents which are mandatory to submit includes

a) copies of bank account statements of all accounts for the past three years,

b) income tax returns along with statement of income for three years, wealth tax returns,

c)cost to company certificate, CIBIL certificate, balance sheets and profit and loss accounts of companies, lease deeds and dividend certificates.

Details of “lifestyle” like number of domestic helps, mode of travel and category of hotels used for stay also have to be submitted with the affidavit. The complete format will soon be uploaded on the website of the district courts. The court even directed that, “the aforesaid procedure be followed in all cases relating to maintenance, including cases under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005, Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956, Special Marriage Act, 1954, The Indian Divorce Act, 1869 as well as Section 125 CrPC”.

So,in case any document is not provided,we can request court to ask for & generally in practise do everyone files all documents.

Thanks,

Amit Jain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register