Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahaveer (N/A)     10 February 2014

Fake criminal charges

Dear Sir/Ma' m

It's very unfortunate that my wife and I are experiencing a problem.

My cousin and I grew up together from his childhood days. He filed for his divorce on account of difference of opinions. His wife is accusing that we are the main reason for the divorce. So far, the divorce is under process in the court of law. Talking to my cousin doesn't mean that we are interfering in their personal. In fact, they got married in 2008 and we never participated in their marriage since we live in Singapore for the last 15 years.

I tried to explain to her father that we are in no way connected with their divorce. Due to their illiteracy, they turned their deaf ear to us.

In the meantime, my cousin's wife, using the local police force, falsely framed an FIR and filed a domestic violence on us. It was a hell of a time that we need to seek legal help to bail us out. In addition, she has been sending legal notices to my cousin citing unethical, scornful, derogatory and outraging the modesty and dignity of my wife. We are unable to digest those unpardonable remarks that she has used in the legal notices.

How do we get out of this whole mess?

Can we file a harassment and creating harm or perjury law suit against my cousin's wife?

OR else can we file a defamation case against her?

Any advice in this regard will be a great help.

As we live overseas and don't have any movable assets in India, can this case be handled in the Supreme Court of Law?

Thanks and Best regards


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query