LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan (AAo)     03 June 2011

Fake charges under Dowry Prohibition Act


I am working Govt. Organization in Mumbai. I got engaged formally in Sept, 2010 by formal engagement ceremony and my marriage was held in
10 Dec, 2011. After some time my family found that certain things have been hiding by bride’s family, they didn’t tell her right educational background of bride even.


After when we found the things have been hide by them, we postponed the marriage.


Due to our decision they agitated, and made an FIR under Dowry Prohibition Act Sec.4 and 5 by using their relation with Police against my father, mother and me even my mother and myself never talked with them in this mater.


They were so insecure that they have recorded all the calls which my father did with their family and they recorded only the thing which were related to arrangements of marriage and incorporate money. My father’s had no interest in taking dowry at all.


They threatened my father even in dec, 2010 and due to mental trauma my father passed away by heart attack on 12th Dec, 2010.


After a month they started approach me and trying to make mental pressure on me for marriage. Now I am not at all interested to get marriage with this family and due to personal relation with police they are using all tactics to harass me.


However, I hired a lawyer he already tried two times for Ant. Bail for me and both time Session Court rejected my bail. My mother got the At Bail in first attempt due to her health issue. I am a govt. employee and don’t want to let my job in any case because this is the only income source of my family after my father.


Please help.



 7 Replies

CommonMann (Software Professional)     03 June 2011

Karan, I cannot understand how come without getting married would be wife can file false dowry case. Consult good lawyers and dont be afraid. Fix your marriage somewhere else and enjoy married life. You can approach to SP,police commissioner, women police officer and hand over them the written document for your harassment and ask them you don't want to marry in that family and they are harassing you.


Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     03 June 2011



I suggest you send letters via. "registered" post to the following:

> Chief Justice of High Court of Maharashtra

> Chief of Police (may be a Commissioner for Mumbai or IG)

> Chief Minister of your state

> National Human Rights Commission


Make sure you hire a reliable advocate who has concern for you and not your money.


Charanpreet is absolutely right that there could be no case against you for dowry harrassment. However, demanding dowry is certainly illegal. But when your father died due to their harrassment, and your former in-laws had a voice recording of your father, then there is no point that they can implicate you. Without any proof, no one can register any FIR.


Send those letters immediately and also make sure that at the end of every letter you mention that to who else you are sending the copies of this letter. You can use following sequence:


> Commissioner of Mumbai

Copies to:

> Chief Justice of High Court of Maharashtra

> Chief Minister of Maharashtra

> National Human Rights Commission





PLEASE HELP to me too on my case.



Hi Roshni,
First of all, Gud evening to all of you.
I Introduce myself Abhinatre Gupt s/o Sh. Laxmi Narayan Gupta (GROOM on the same case and married with Kanchan Gupta d/o Sh. Prem Chand Gupta and r/o West guru angad nagar) and mine age is 28 years instead of 25 years and r/o Nangloi, New Delhi.
Our marriage date is on 11/05/2011. Police arrest me on 12/05/2011 at 03:45 am, Just before phere ceremony. Then myself put on police remand for one day, Where police take mine signature in one piece of paper which is not allowed me to read. Then i will be on TIHAR Jail for one judicial custody for 14 day of time & release from jail on 26/05/2011 (Night).
Here only words, I want to say that myself ready for polygraph test (Jhooth pakadne ki machine) as me & mine family is innocent on the case. Dat's why i made request to indian panel court to conduct "Polygraph test" over both of the parties.
Also i want to say, If me or mine family member found defaulter on the case then all my property including my educational certificates will be seized and all of us to be hanged till death or life-time imprisonment.
So if you trust us, Then kindly put up a pressure for "Polygraph test". So that no innocent person will be put behind a jail and a mechanical engineer convert in & as a CRIMINAL.
Also i make a request from each visitor of this column, Kindly support us as we are innocent and without demanding any dowry will sent to the jail. It's a dis-respect & unlawful advantage of our indian law. Actually reality is that bride party demand 20 lakh's from us thru their known person "RESHMA" or may be she tells her name wrong to us.
Further i want to say, Still me & mine family member agreed to accept "Kanchan" as i feel may be she was guided wrong by her family member's or her relatives as well i loved her very much and we don't need a single needle of her family member. From beginning, I always suggest for court marriage.
All this scenario, Makes my life as bad as a hell including my family member's. Moreover her family member's snatched all belonging of me and mine family member's/relatives including our gold belonging's.
Even bride party took up all our belonging including gold/silver of amount 9.0-10.0 Lakh in between. Even several gifts we give to them, When i come back from singapore.
But all apart these thing's initially they confirm us 5.0 lakh max budget and now they claimed that they spent 15.0 Lakh INR. Which is clearly a wrong statement by Kanchan & her family member's.
Also if you refer each video shown in any media channel, At no where her father is come in front because he feels ashamed for the act of their family members and i respect him from our initial contact.
Related to my character, I too confirmed that if any girl known to me near by my residential colony or in office area / in b/w my customer point me out for my character. Then at that time too agreed for any punishment.
SO please help me, So that truth wins and made a request for "POLYGRAPH TEST" on any first date. Otherwise, Myself have no option except "SUICIDE" including mine family member's and main defaulter is all person who shows lie as a truth in front of court.
Still expect justice from respective court including each & everyone from yourself. So have a faith over me & build trust too. I loved my "KANCHAN" very much, So i don't want that no court will penalise her. I have full faith on GOD & TRUTH and believes on words "SABKA MAALIK EK", My Sai Nath shraddha saburi.
If any person want to discuss with me anything will surely welcome to discuss with me at anytime over e-mail "" or in my below mentioned both mobile number's.
Have a nice time and good life to all of us.
With Due Respect to All,
Abhinatre Gupt,
Mechanical Engineer-After Market Services,
ACIL, North India.

Paras (Engr)     07 June 2011

Mr. Gupta Suicide is not a solution. Bcoz all things will not remove after your suicide . They will remain. first Before think about end of the life due to deepression JUST GO THRU BELOW LINK Now if you want to proove that you are innocent, Fight till death and proove urself. Pl. come to SIFF (Save indian family) meetting at patiala house court at every sunday at 4.30 will get moral support and you will get there are lot of victim (LAw misuse) like you . Paras 9899005482


Hi Paras,

Is it possible to conduct "Polygraph Test- Lie detector test" or "Truth Semen Test", If i am requested for the same test thru magistrate on my first date of the case or forward my request thru an application because due to this case myself too unable to concentrate on my duties. Also there is so much pressure from my company that you may prove yourself innocent in a minimum possible time.

As per my knowledge, This is the only fastest mode to proove that myself as well mine family member's are completely innocent on the case.

Kindly suggest the maximum possibility to get true justice at earliest.

Await reply.



Abhinatre Gupt.


Paras (Engr)     07 June 2011

It is not possible on first date. Judge will not pass any order regarding this. As per law, there are a complete system. So, you have to study and ready for fight. So, check the website : and join forum and also attend weekly meeting

syed (Branch incharge)     08 June 2011


Its so sad to listen all these things

but in any condition dodnt go for suicide - thats not a solution - instead that will give a clean chit to your wife family - please dodnt give that chance to them

If you think that you didnt harm her by anymeans to your wife - then my suggestion is please fight the case till the end and make sure you get justice and prove the world that you are innocent

Insha-allah i will pray for you - allah will help you if you are innocent

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query