LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lone warrior (Student)     28 October 2023

Failure of consultancy office to provide job within the agreement time period

I had applied a job for Croatia through a consultancy office based in Kolkata which had given us a commitment and also mentioned in the written agreement to complete the whole process within 6-9 months. I have already paid 1st and 2nd installment of 1,00,000 each.

Now, it's already been 12 months and 2 days since I gave the 1st installment and signed the agreement /contract  but the consultancy office have still not arranged a job and morever they gave us our work permitt documents after 10 months of the agreement date Respected Sir, It would be very helpful if you would kindly suggest what can I do next as I am facing loss of my hard earned money and time because of a corrupted office which has taken my money but not able to provide me with the job.



 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2023

If there is a deficiency in service you can drag the consultants to the consumer commission and seek compensation besides penalty 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     29 October 2023

Besides filing a complaint before jurisdictional consumer commission you may also

a) file a complaint case of cheating and fraud and

b) a civil suit for specific performance or

c) suit for recovery of money.

Lone warrior (Student)     30 October 2023

I have already filed a police complaint regarding this 2 weeks back, is this sufficient or do i need to do something additional as well  ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register