LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Failed bgv

Hi, I am currently working with one of the reputed edutech companies, at the time of recruitment I was given a contractual role and after one year they confirmed my role as full time in March 2022. Now this company said that there would be a 3rd party background verification and we need to provide details of our education and past employment which I did it. Now in my educational qualifications, I only submitted my B.Ed which i have done from a Private University in 2017 and also I forgot to upload my regular B.com and MBA documents and later the BGV was closed. Now after a month, I got a call from HR stating that my B.ed is not validated by the university as none are responding to the emails or calls and hence they told me to provide proof of B.Ed and also to share my regular B.Com and MBA documents and I shared my B.Com and MBA as advised.

Now regarding B.Ed, I got it through a 3rd party vendor who helped with admission process backend as i secured 48% in regular B.COM which is not eligible to get admission for B.ed in regular college, hence i took the help of backend support and attempted the exams and finally got the certificates. Now when I heard from my current company HR that my B.Ed certificate failed in BGV I immediately approached the university and they stated that the management has sold off the college to some other party and they dont have their old management working anymore neither any student records are available. Now when I told this to my HR she doesn't want to buy my point as I do not have any proofs to prove my B.Ed. Also, I told the HR to consider my regular BCom and MBA and initiate a BGV for which she was adamant stating that since I have submitted B.Ed for BGV she would only question me on this and will not consider any other. This happened in June and again a second meeting was set up by my HR and compliance team stating that they have received an email from the B.Ed college saying that they could not find any record of my B.Ed and the college has asked for my contact no. and house address. I told my HR team that i could not get any evidences of my B.ed as no one was responding from the college . So i preferred to lodge a complaint against the University for not responding to BGV, but the police says on what basis an FIR can be filed as I have no proofs so they told me to get the email that my HR has received from that B.Ed college. Now when I wrote an email to my HR to share that email she claimed to have received from the university, she mentioned saying that she was unable to provide the information to me and again reminded me that I have to give her the proofs of B.Ed by 18th Monday July 2022

Please help me what to do in such a situation. I have been duped by the university which I've mentioned to my HR but she is not ready to listen and says to provide a letter from the university stating the same the university refuses to answer my calls as this university is in a different state. My career and my job is at stake

PS B.Ed was not the requirement for my employment, i just did a big mistake in uploading this document instead of my regular Graduation and PG 

Kindly advise, should I resign from the job before they terminate and blacklist me . How to approach with my HR so that i dont get blacklisted. She is also not helping me in providing the BGV report that she has received so that i can file an FIR on that college

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2022

If you have attended a college that is having proper approvals/recognition from the University and appeared for the examinations you need not fear any actions.  Otherwise, as a Teacher, you are more aware of the validity of such B. Ed secured from third-party vendors (!!!) which must be a fake degree.  There is nothing in your issue to seek legal opinion as you are aware of your actions.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 July 2022

There need no be any cause for concern if  your BEd profile in genuine. The HR official,is not the final authority; you escalate the issue with higher level.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2022

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer practicing service matters for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding, if any which I did not find from the facts posted by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register