Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vivek (Engineer)     07 January 2012

Facing problem in sbi rules...

Sir,

I am interested to open my PPF account in State Bank of India. I have all valid documents like PAN cards and Passport which proofs that i am indian citizen and i have saving accounts in SBI  varanasi branch also.

I am working in mumbai. when i went to SBI Andheri( Marol )branch SBI Officer told me to give local address proof ,I have submitted my rent agreement which is noterised by a lawyer  but not registered. This NOTERISED rent-agreement is valid in all gov. organisations to show as addressproof.

When i told him the same  they told me to go back varanasi and open PPF account from there. But currently i am not able to go varanasi at moment.

Please tell me why that type of silly rule is applicable in such a big public organisation.If i am indian citizen then why any permanent address is not sufficient. I am facing problem for that rule. Is this valid rule.

Please Suggest....

Thanks

Vivek

Mumbai...

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 January 2012

KYC norms demand ID proof, address proof, DOB proof, current photograph.

Establishments demand address proof for both permanent and local, and can be either of Voter Card, passport, ration card, telephone bill, internet connection bill, water/electricity bill, gas connection, bank a/c, RC of vehicle, registree of house, rent agreement, employer's certificate, form 16, ITR, etc. Each establishment has incorporated its own rule e.g. some do not accept private telephone bill (however bill not later than 3 month's should be acceptable).

If SBI wants to loose business you may deny business to them and approach PNB, SBP or PO.

If you wish insist upon SBI, obtain their list of docs approved by the bank and persist with BM or write to nodal officer, chairman’s office. You may get some relief.

Vivek (Engineer)     07 January 2012

Thanks for providing me such a valuable information...

Regards

Vivek

MANI RAM SHARMA (Advocate)     08 January 2012

YOU SHOULD LODGE AN ONLINE COMPLAINT TO THE EFFECT. I HOPE REST WILL BE OKAY.

MANIRAM SHARMA

FORMERLY MANAGER

STATE BANK GROUP

sa (retired)     12 January 2012

you should lodge a complaint to  The Chief General Manager, State Bank of India, Local Head Office Mumbai

against the Branch to get justice,

SATYA SARAN MUKHERJEE,

EX.BANKER.

sa (retired)     12 January 2012

you should lodge a complaint to  The Chief General Manager, State Bank of India, Local Head Office Mumbai

against the Branch to get justice,

SATYA SARAN MUKHERJEE,

EX.BANKER.

Vivek (Engineer)     12 January 2012

I have discussed the same with another SBI branch in mumbai near ghatkoper and they are ready to open new PPF and i have already lodge a complain regarding that branch and that person in SBI  on line Complaint Section.

Thanks a lot you all for supporting me and providing me the valuable info.

thanks

vivek

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2012

While you lodge a complaint address it all including Chairman, Nodal Officer, GM Local Ho, etc and mention that you are denying business to the bank.

What is the benfit of opening a/c with SBI while PPF a/c with PNB,SBP,PO offer the same features and benefits.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register