Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chaudhary Deepak   22 February 2021

Extra marital affair

Hello sir!!! I want to ask that what are the women legal rights after knowing that her husband is engaged in adultery? And because we are hindu and in our culture it shouldn't be like this that even after being loyal to your husband you are getting cheated??? What to do next and how to do? My family is in trauma and stress!!!! Please help me out!!!

 7 Replies

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     22 February 2021

1. Adultery by Husband, is no longer classified as an Offence.

2. Wife has an option of filing for Divorce & Claim Maintenance & Alimony.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     22 February 2021

Adultery is a valid reason for Divorce. If you do not wish to continue the wedlock you may contact a prudent and dependable local Lawyer, give full facts and proceed as per his/her advice. 

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     22 February 2021

You can file divorce. Adultery is no crime today! But you need strong evidence to prove the adultery.

P. Venu (Advocate)     22 February 2021

You have not posted the material facts.

175B083 Mahesh P S   22 February 2021


For more input visit:

Thank you

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     23 February 2021

Well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I agree.

Chaudhry Deepak what is your problem / concern / locus standi /

Nithyananda Lingaiah   23 February 2021

I am facing Domestic Violence case under CR misc case registered by my wife in 2015. Till date the case is not finished still going on. in between now my wife's advocate is exhibiting new evidences on extra maraital and diverting the case by new allegation that I am having extra maraital affairs?

my question is that what is the time period for opponent to prove her allegation under DV case?

After 6 years whether opponents are allowed to add allegations and add exhibits apart from earlier DV case?

whether extra marital affairs cannot be considered and linked with on going DV case?

please help in this regards with court citations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query