IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leslie Almeida (social worker)     28 June 2015

Expulsion of associate member

I am an associate member on share certificte as first name holder is exercising membership rights

The first name holder is my younger brother who is sitting on the managing committee

This Society comprising or 274 plots ( plot owner type )

As I was constantly opposing the autoratic way of running the Society. The Managing committee

Brother included brought upon a resolution to expel me

on 30.03.2014 they had a special GM and with false allegations brought expulsion proceedings

upon me. the Society did not get a 3/4 majority. yet put up same before Dy Registrar, no proper format

was put no index no performa, it wa just like a complain with 100 rs court fee stamp

Dy registrar had 10 hearings written and oral submission were made

I hv given documentary proof that no 3/4 majority was obtained

That i am a joint holder of a share certificate and that the share certificate is not divisible

that the charges as mentioned are false, and that not as per rule 28 ,29 of MCS act

That my brother sitting on committee cannot expel me who is on the same certificate

The Dy Registar  Kishor Mnde closed the file for orders on 06.01.2015

rule 72(6) of MCS rule 1961 state that order should be passed on same day or within 60 days

it is now about 6 months ( 182 days ) and the Deputy Registrar fails to pass any order

do i have any other option other than filing a writ prtition in High Court ?

I was harressed by committee members and now by this Dy.Registrar

As Society had printed and circulated booklets of things I had not done to 275 building i have a

defamation case against them in criminal court. process is yet to be issued.

can i file a suit against the Dy Registrar C.H.S.  for causing me mental torture and harressment

or anything else pls advise

Leslie Almeida



 1 Replies

Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (AM)     29 June 2015

Hi Leslie,

You may file your say before Joint Registrar and then Co-operative Court. The Ld. Experts will advice your better.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query