LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAIKAT KR. Chatterjee   25 April 2023

Expulsion from membership of a co-operative housing society

I am a 999 registered sub-lessee of a Housing Co-operative Society for the last 25 years, residing with my family. In 2015 I was expelled for default in monthly payments which was dis-approved by RCS with directions for reconciliation of accounts. Reconciliation was not conducted by Society. Again in 2018 society expelled me, this time no opportunity was provided for hearing. I filed a dispute in 2019 which was dismissed with liberty to approach State Government/ Hon'ble WBCT, I approached both but due to COVID restrictions, no response was received. Presently no board is available at Hon'ble WBCT. In 2022 State Government expelled me without any hearing. My numerous memorandum of appeals are pending before the State Government. As a result of such expulsion Society resorts to multiple truncation of electricity, this time for 72 days, in the present heat wave condition, I have been directed to vacate the flat, society have threatened to cut water supply and vacate vehicle parking space. I filed a writ in Hon'ble High Court, Kolkata, for restoration of electricity and for a new connection from WBSEDCL, but was dismissed on the grounds of maintainibility. Pls. advice.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

The case details and the reasons for rejection of your petitions and appeals is also not known, hence you may consult an experienced lawyer by producing all relevant papers and get a proper information / opinion.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

One needs to see papers for coming to a concrete view.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register