Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

house wife... (na)     29 September 2013

Experts plz advice on defamation case

my husband files defamation case on me my parents and two of my which he wrote that we threaten him mently ..ruin his repotation in public,want to take his property,my brother want to kill him,,my uncles want to beat him ,,my character is not good etc etc.......

and also wrote that he called me several times,but i am not joining him willingly...he also wrote that he is ready to take me but i am not going with him etc etc...


my ques are ...what should i do now.


on one side in counselling cell and in police station where we filed an app against him he said he dont want to take me 

and on other hand in court case he wrote he is ready to live with me  what should i do now ...what steps i have to take to resolve this...i want to reconsile with him


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2013

A defamation case cannot be filed just like  that without any material evidence in hand, I think he is adopting an evil device to pressurize you, please go ahead with your through police

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     29 September 2013

What do you mean by saying that you want to reconcile with him? Do you want to stay with him as his wife or that you want to amicably settle things without going back to him?

Allegations made in a court or to the police cannot be ground for defamation. At least he will have to wait till the outcome are known.

If you want to go back to him, you can only decide on it yourself in consultation with your parents, brother and other close relatives.

Adv. Neha ( )     29 September 2013

The case of defamation filed by your husband will have to be proved with evidences and if your husband is having any strong evidences or witnesses then he may ask for compensation for the damages done. if you and your family have done any damages to his reputation.
By going through your query i am surprised why are you begging for a dead relationship which is already irretrievably broken down. You are already through with your complaint in police station and he already filed defamation case against you and your family. my suggestion is better go for MCD rather than begging for a dead relationship. Both the parties will suffer in the long run for filing cases and counter cases against each other. It will be better to end this litigation  process against each other and put an end to this dead relationship.

Advocate Neha

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query