Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hariom   02 November 2015

Expenses payment to minor child harresing parent

Dear Sir,

I am 46 years old and Have two sons. My wife expired two years before. Out of the two sons elder son is not having proper company of friends and he is smoking and drinking and stealing money giving avuses to me and my Father and mother.

I want to know following

My son has completed 15 years

1)If he conducts any crime like theft outside or damaginb property or take narcotics drugs can I be Punished in any manner as a parents.

2)Is it compulsory to provide the specific make of gadgets and other lifestye product to their sons. What is the legal responsiblity of parents towards their childs. Is it essetnial to pay them fixed pcket money monthly basis especially in the case they are harresing their parents.

Regards

Hariom

Learning

6 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     02 November 2015

UR son has to pay the price for the misdeeds committed outside, how can U be held responsible for his criminal acts.But as a father I feel U have failed in UR duties in the upbringing of UR son,whatever the reasons may be.There is no use of repenting after the child gets spoiled due to bad company.What were the efforts made by U initially when U found UR son was into bad company?

(Guest)

Wao Mr Sainat is giving logical adivce and also some tuition to the querist !!  Where is the legal advice Mr Sainut Devalal?

Dear Querist,

You should complain to the law enforcing authorities if you find your son commiting any unlawful activity as a law abiding citizen of this country.  Rest police will take care of him.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 November 2015

Dear Mr.Gyan(Gyan means knowledge), here the querist is worried about his 15yr old son,who is into bad company.Legalities arise when the boy is involved directly in any criminal activity.What would be UR response if the boy was UR son?

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     03 November 2015

1. You will not be held responsible for his criminal activity. 2. Even if he is apprehended for any criminal activity (except terrorist act), he will be tried and sent to juvenile home for correction. This will be possible till he attains 18 years age. 3. You are legally responsible for his education and maintenance till he attains 18 years.   If you do not want to pay him stop to pay.  Till court gives such order, you need not pay.  If he approaches court, the court will certaininly direct you to pay.  If you immediately stop to pay, probably, he would start stealing, picking pockets and involve himself in criminal activity.  4. Take him to psycological counselling and try to get proper medical advice. Even after 18 years, he continues with such behaviour, you are free to give a complaint in police station and paper publication disowning him.

chandra mohan (power)     03 November 2015

Try him to send yoga and meditation classes.

pamper him with love and tell him the facts of life. Tell him to respect elders. single parenting is the issue only so try to give him more love.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     03 November 2015

The querist has become silent despite participation by the members,hope he has received more than his appetite.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register