Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok (Partner)     02 November 2012

Expedition order

Hi,

I have a strange case! The Hon'ble Supreme Court in Jan 2011 transferred my divorce petition from Bangalore To Coimbatore with the rider that "The matter should be disposed off expeditiously". 2 years down the line the Coimbatore Family Court is still adjourning the matter month after month.

My question is - Do I need to approach the Supreme Court again to get a time line on what "expeditiously" meant or should I petition the Chennai High Court asking them to direct their Coimbatore High Court to dispose of the matter in xxxxxxx days keeping in mind the spirit of the Supreme Court order?

Help!!

Ashok

Learning

3 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     03 November 2012

Are there any reasons for adjournments?

A writ of mandamus in Supreme court should help...

Thanx...

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     07 November 2012

there is no need to approach the apex court. an advisory by the apex court to the lower court has already been given. however, notwithstanding this, the district family court would be taking up the case as per the priorities. you may file a peititon in teh high court for expetious disposal of the case.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     08 November 2012

These were mere guidelines, lower court wil deliver according to work-load. There may be n number of reasons for these adjournments, see what r they?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register