LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AMIT (-)     30 October 2014

Executor of will

It is my understanding that it is NOT compulsory for a testastor to appoint an executor for the will of his estate. I have seen in many cases that when there is a will, though there is no executor appointed, the legatees get a letter of administration by the courts. I want to know in which cases it is either compulsory or advisable for the testator to appoint an executor for his will.please enlighten me about the advantages and disadvantages of of appointing an executor of will. If possible, pl cite the relevent sections of I.S. Act

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 October 2014

Many people choose their surviving spouse as executor, since that person usually has the greatest knowledge of their financial affairs as wellas the family situation. Some people name several persons to serve as coexecutors, to ensure that the estate will be handled fairly andhonestly. Frequently, those making a will choose a professional such as an attorney or trust company to act as a coexecutor and to assistwith complex issues of the estate.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 October 2014

Many people choose their surviving spouse as executor, since that person usually has the greatest knowledge of their financial affairs as wellas the family situation. Some people name several persons to serve as coexecutors, to ensure that the estate will be handled fairly andhonestly. Frequently, those making a will choose a professional such as an attorney or trust company to act as a coexecutor and to assistwith complex issues of the estate.

AMIT (-)     31 October 2014

Dear Mr. Ramachary,

I wanted to know a specific legal opinion which you have not addressed. pl  read the question again and reply specifically if possible. THx in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register