LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashokkumar Nadar   23 July 2021

Excess Electricity Charges due to changed policy during COVID19 situation

The TNEB department, had not done the reading for the month of May but in their online portal they payment bill is generated randomly, the huge shocking is the amount that they posted. The amount INR 3090 including late fee charges. We had never ever paid this huge charges. Usually, the bill amount never crossing 1k. And this July month the reading staff has stated that I am supposed to pay 4288 INR for the reading calculation from March month to July. Even after several explanation, the staff is not reacting meaningfully to it.

1. How the reading can be done from March, 2021 when the payment is made for the month of May?

2. How the EB payment bill of 3090 is generated for the month of May?

3. How the EB payment bill of 4288 is calculated for the month of July? by estimating from the month of March?

Note: The ministry of Electricity - Mr. Senthil Balaji strictly enforced the authority to not to collect excess amount during Covid19. And the time slab is provided to every citizen to pay their bills with out fine. Even the ministry has informed that the payment can be made by taking the picture of the current reading every month and share with the whatsapp number to pay the payment due.

Refference: https://www.hindutamil.in/news/tamilnadu/674706-how-to-take-a-photo-of-the-electricity-unit-and-pay-the-bill-minister-senthil-balaji-explanation.html

The officers from TNEB office spoke to us in a threatened manner to my Mother's Mobile Number when I had given my phone number as the point of contact.

I'm asking for some information through RTI. How I can take this legally to the court? kindly guide me through the process! Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register