Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

leena (student)     25 January 2011

Exam Preparations

Dear,

I'm a law student and i m very confused as to how to attempt the exams. I'm pursuing BALLB from CCSU and i have given my 5th Semester exams. In my all exams i prepare too well and whenever the question paper comes to me i usually know all the answers and i do very well in my exams as per me but my result is always 60%. my quesry is this that i want to score above 95% my aim is not only to achieve a LLB degree but to be a gold medalist and break all the records.Kindly help me out with this please.Kindly provide me guidelines regarding the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Leena

Learning

4 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     25 January 2011

Leena, first of all, I would like to tell you that your performance is very good as you have scored 60% marks. By attending exams for 5 semesters now, you might have understood that getting marks more than 65 is highly difficult and getting 80-90 is almost impossible. 

I have got a second rank form Bangalore University last May by scoring 63%. First rank holder got 65% marks. Yes, it is possible to score more than everyone else and get a gold medal for a subject which is a reasonable target. But please remember also the fact that marks are never the scale to judge one's knowledge. Marks are determined by the performance to particular questions chosen by the student at that point of time. It does not mean anyway that one who got highest is supreme. 

As a suggestion, I can tell you that, try writing answers with reasonably good hand writing. Under line the case laws and sections. Try to conclude your answers by writing conclusions at the end of the answers. At the beginning of the answer try to explain the sections covered briefly, by the topic of the answer and then go on explaining them one by one. 

Since this is a profession which requires all the different aspects like drafting and pleading, arguments, cross examinations, you will have to fine tune yourself in those fields as well other than your academics.

Wish you all the best. 

leena (student)     25 January 2011

Thank u so much Suchitra. But can u guide me as to how i should improve with my writing skills. I got your point as to how i should attempt my answers in fact i'll say that not wholly but partially i do attempt my answers in the same way. But the problem which i face is from where to get the relevant study material. I donot attend the college regularly due to certain problems in my family i need to work. and due to this i do all self study rather getting guidelines from college teachers.

Thanks & Regards,

Leena

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     25 January 2011

Try to study with text books. They are available in book stores. Never rely on notes or guides for maximum marks. You will have to spend substantial amount of time studying. There is no easy way to success, as they say. 

leena (student)     28 January 2011

Thank u for your suggestions Suchitra. I'll work over this and will try to improve my result. :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More