IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin (Professional)     15 September 2010

Ex-Parte Decree in Money Suit

In my money suit, the opposite party, did not respond to Court Notices and did not take part in the case. as a result, the Court decreed the suit in my favour. It was an ex-party judgement.What could be my next action to recover my money?


 9 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     15 September 2010

Dear Nitin


You have to file E.P. (Execution Proceedings) against the opposite party and recover your amount.


Best regards.,

unique horn (self)     15 September 2010

I Agree with Mr.Krishnaa. Also attach the property owned by that person  for "auction", if amount not payed.  

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     15 September 2010

Concurred with the members. Refer to Order 8 Rule 10 of the CPC. The next step is to go for Execution proceedings against the barrower with the help of the Court by filing application for execution proceedings.

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     16 September 2010

Please refer to the provisions of Or.21 of the code of civil procedure.

Vinoba (Advocate)     17 September 2010


I agree with the experts.

L. Vinoba,



R.Ranganathan (Director)     29 September 2010

File Execution proceedings to recover the amount.

Rajeev kulshreshtha (advocate)     01 October 2010

File execution petition U/o 21 CPC .

Y ARAVIND (ADVOCATE)     19 December 2010

After expiry of appeal period you can proceed to file execution petition.


file a execution petition for arrest and attachment to recover amount

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query