Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavani Singh (others)     19 September 2017

Ex-girlfriend threatening FIR for Refusal to Marry

Hello

I live in Delhi. My ex-girlfriend with whom i was in a relationship for almost 2 years but later broke up in February this year is threatening to file an FIR against me for refusing to marry her. I have been told that if she files an FIR the police will have no option bu to arrest me and my onle hope is to file an anticipatory bail. However the lawyer i talked to is quoting a fees of INR 1 Lacs which is unaffordable for me. Can somebody guide me about the options i have and what is a reasonable fee i can expect for the service.

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

manu seth (N/A)     20 September 2017

Mail me asap about your particulars at advocatemanuseth@gmail.com

SHREY DAMBHARE   20 September 2017

Does she file FIR? If she is threatening you but not filing FIR then you cannot seek anticipatory bail because yet no crime is reported against you. Let her file F.I.R. then only on the apprehension of arrest you can seek anticipatory bail. As well as if you have some evidence like message, call recording in which she had threatened you for filing F.I.R. but did not file then you can make police complaint that she is threatening to file F.I.R. against you on false ground.   

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 September 2017

What is the extent of your culpability in the matter? Anyhow, the police are not required to make arrest immediately on the lodging of the FIR.

advocate nitin kumar (lawyer)     20 September 2017

you can ccontact me at nitin1620@gmail.com

Pawan S (Advocate)     20 September 2017

No-one can force GF or BF to marry one another. If that is the case, then 90% of the people in the world would face these kind of allegations after the breakup.

I would like to know, On what basis she is threating you? Have you involved with her physically on the basis of promise to marry her? 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 September 2017

Marriage cannot be compelled.

However if girl proves that there was p[hysical relation on the promise of marriage then boy cna be jailed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register