LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Meraj Khan   30 June 2023

Ews criteria of married man

Im a married man i dont have any property, i want to make EWS certificate.  I want to know what is the criteria..  is my mother's income and property also consider As Im married  what is the definition of Family for a married man .. only me and my wife income and property will consider or my mother's property also consider.....   as for my knowledge after marriage family definition means for man and his wife only... Kindly grant me knowledge... 

Learning

9 Replies

Shashi Dhara   30 June 2023

Your mothers  income is separate it is not included  with your income .she can file her returns separately.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 June 2023

If your family is a joint family (your mother, you and your wife), then the income is treated as combined income and should be within the limits of EWS.

Shashi Dhara   30 June 2023

The name itself shows  that  they are muslims ,Islam don't recognise joint family  .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 June 2023

Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in India is a subcategory of people having an annual family income less than ₹8 lakh (US$10,000) and who do not belong to any category such as SC/ST/OBC across India, nor to MBC in Tamil Nadu.

The definition of Family in EWS reservation means:-"The person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years". Candidate's annual family income must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     01 July 2023

Your mother's income shall not be considered for issuance of EWS certificate 

dolly lucky   20 January 2024

Please Clear it ..my mothers income will not be considered or income and property both ..A man who is married

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     21 January 2024

Originally posted by : dolly lucky

Please Clear it ..my mothers income will not be considered or income and property both ..A man who is married 

As already submitted mother's income shall not be considered for calculation of individual's income for issuance of EWS certificate.

Other properties of anyone in the family (including mother's) is also not taken into account . 

What do you intend to communicate with the terms used by you inter alia, that, " ....a man who is married"??

Niether facts nor query is clear.

Vijay   24 January 2024

Sir/madam, kindly answer my query, i am a married person my salary below 8 lakhs, my wife unemployee, i have 2 chidren, i dont have other assets such as agri.land, house, plot,flat.based on that can i apply for ews certificate,  irrespective of my parents, after marriage i thought my family means me,my wife and children.

1 Like

dolly lucky   24 January 2024

After marriage..only your property will considered for ews criteria ..your mother's property and income will not be considered 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register