Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Evidence on Question of sentence

Section 235 & 248 etc give accused a right to produce evidence in order to decide the question of his sentence.

Now as an experienced lawyer, can you suggest me the best kind of evidence that should be adduced to get the less possible sentence.

What would be the best evidence to show to decide it in our favour?


 4 Replies

Aarti Goswami   28 June 2022

type of punishment will depend upon nature of crime. if your crime has severe impact on the society then punishment will not get reduced. otherwise you can given evidence of sole bread earning member.

Kalpesh Suryawanshi- Mr Sensex   28 June 2022

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I understand what you said but I am looking for exactly what evidence should be given? What documents or what proof?

Aarti Goswami   28 June 2022

You can following docs- income certificate for showing sole bread earning member, age proof of children and aged parents for dependent 




Abdul Israr   16 July 2022

The evidence can relate to the convict being the sole bread earner of the family and having no previous criminal antecedents. You can also give evidence of young age of the convict and also his conduct during investigation and trial in addition to social service etc. that the convict does.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query