LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     24 July 2012

Evidence in sec.498a and dv act


Dear Members,

My wife has been undergoing treatment for depression at a govt. hospital after she left my house. they have prescripttion of the doctor. Will these prescripttions be admitted by court as an evidence of cruelty or mental harassment.

Nothing has happened to her and she is fine but they are collecting the prescripttions as a proof against me.

Also they have bills for the jewellery which they are accusing me of misappropriating u/s.406. She had already taken all her gold jewellery and my gold jewellery also when she left the house. Will these bills be accepted as evidence of misappropriation.

thanks & regards,



 7 Replies

tankesh kela (advocate)     24 July 2012

you can called the Dr. for the purpose of evidence and court will ask all those things.

yes she can use receipt of jwellery against you.

1 Like

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (     24 July 2012

Dear Anis, 


1. Depression may be because of a variety of reasons, mental cruelty and torture being one of them. Hence the causative factor being her depression would be important. 

2. Bills would merely prove that they purchased such jewellary, but as regards the fact that she is already took them or not - it would be your word against her word. Bills won't prove that your misappropriated the jewellary. 

1 Like

anti (acbd)     25 July 2012

sir my wife filled 498a and dv and crpc125 cases against me my family memebers on nov 2011 now she came for compramise . ple tell me the terms n conditions to me n help me ple ple sir sir

Anis (Asst. Manager - Sales)     25 July 2012

What kind of compromise is she asking for


What if husband go in depression after wife left him?

I believe this is just circumstance issue in which no one has fault.

sonali apte (accountant)     27 July 2012

Dear Sir,

meaine mere sasuravale ke khilaf 498a. 506(2),  504, 406 he sari case main  27th feb 12 ko lagayi hai lekin police vaale abhi tak  o case court me laga nahi rahe hai maine kya karu  karu koi isa  sr police office batayi jo meri help kar sakate hai.  meri case navi mumbai ke police station me hai. maine kya karu taki meri case jaldise jaldi court me lage.

Rahul Chakraborty. (final yr student.)     28 July 2012

mr anis u no need to worry about this case at all,being under treatment she is incompetent to lodge a complaint5 or put up a case against u,kindly fulfill one duty acquire a medical certificate from govt hospital doc stating the day day date when her treatment started and her prescripttions whioch will help to dismiss any case against u.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query