LIVE Online Course on Indian Constitution by Dr. Ravishankar Mor. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khan Mohamed (Business)     19 April 2014

Eviction Suite

Dear Learned Counsel,

This is to bring to your kind information that we are Landlords for the property and we have rented the commercial property to a tenant. After giving notice to vacate he didn't and hence we filed eviction case to vacate.we were Plantiff in the lower court and the judgement was done in favour of us by decreeing the suit with cost and ordered to vacate with in three months and handover the possession with the damages (Arrears of rent)

As the tenant has no valid documents, what is the procedure and options available for both Plantiff (we) and the tenant (Defendant)

Pls suggest for below points.

1. How to recover the rent for around 20 months which he has not paid ??

2. what are the precautionary measures we have to take to avoid the tenant going to higher court ??

3. After three months of judgement if tenant did not vacate, what action can be taken ??


 1 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     19 April 2014

1. For rent, possession, You have to file Execution petition for executing the decree, which is in favor of plaintiff.

2.You have to file caveat application in appellate court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query