Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr G (none)     25 January 2014

Eviction of tenant

Dear Respected members


I am looking managing a block of flats in Mumbai. Its tenanted with tenants paying nominal rent as per pagadi system.


Some of the tenants have extended the flat enclosing the balcony area. Is this a ground for evicting the tenants? If so what proof would be required to be submitted? 




 2 Replies

Bobby Mani T (Lawyer)     13 February 2014

I am not aware of provisions in Maharastra Rent control act.  But I think there are two rent control acts.   I think you can file petition to fix fair rent or else you can file pettion to evict the tenant.  You consult a civil lawyer

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     14 February 2014

If you are the owner of the property and if there is no valid agreement in place u can evict all of them, by filing criminal case under IPC for criminal trespass, or u can go for a civil suit in accordance with local laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query